PMG- Dare to Share... promotion

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: PMG- Dare to Share... promotion

Post by Finis »

I got my email from PMG.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
richlevy
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by richlevy »

I just got home from the exam, new license is in the email box, test went well. I sold one of the extra licenses at cost to a guy from the modo forums that is close to the starving artist profile I was looking for :superbanana: . So I am feeling pretty good right now.

This is really going to be great, breathe some new life into my creative side. I am working with MotionBuilder because I got one of those student licenses, for 3 years I get to play around with it :worship: Which seems about right, usually when I buy into software it takes 2-3 years before AD buys them up and then pulls the plug on the web check license server. We need to get the middle finger emoticon here, I can think of some appropriate times when it would come in handy.

Thanks for all of the well wishing for the exam, that was probably why I banged it out so easy.

Rich
My Flickr site, here you can see some of the photography I do:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich-l/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tylerzambori

Post by tylerzambori »

I got my email from pmg today too. I'm glad your test went well rich..
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Yeah, glad your test went well Rich! And now... it's

:bananacheers: :bananacheers: :bananacheers:

time!
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I received my code email, I'm just waiting until I can pick up a new USB memory stick to get things started.
I'll probably never use it, but hey, it was only 10 bucks!

Rich wrote: "We need to get the middle finger emoticon here"

I LOL'ed

(Not directed at you, but it made me think of this:)
iggy.jpg
iggy.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
richlevy

Post by richlevy »

spacekdet wrote:I received my code email, I'm just waiting until I can pick up a new USB memory stick to get things started.
I'll probably never use it, but hey, it was only 10 bucks!

Rich wrote: "We need to get the middle finger emoticon here"

I LOL'ed

(Not directed at you, but it made me think of this:)
iggy.jpg

That would be the one I was looking for :lol:

Rich
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich-l/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi, got my email last night too - created my license - messiah up & running :D

For those who're still interested in using a SD-Card for the license file, like I have done:
As I threw in my question already on pg22, concerning the use of a SD-Card in conjunction with a Cardreaderstrick and its possible influence on the resulting ID (see link)

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 065#p25065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is still not answered, but I found an answer for another reflection on this topic.

Over at SetupTab Forums someone said, that the license would be bind to the Reader not to the SD-Card. I thought this could make the SD-Card itself exchangeable. After checking I can not confirm this. I tested 2 older SD-Cards of the same make & size (16MB) within one Cardreaderstick in exchange, with a result of 2 different ID's. So only one SD-Card can be used for one license and if it gets accidentially damaged, the license will go with it. So I'm gonna buy another Stick (~2$) of this make to try if leastwise the readerstick could be exchanged, for giving an answer on the other question myself. If this would be possible it could mean a durability plus of 50% for the license in comparision to putting it on a common thumbdrive - hypothetically. I'll let you know.

Regards
-BM.
richlevy

Post by richlevy »

The thumb drive I use for my other laptop is one of those cards, SDHC or somesuch thing, it tucks into the computer making it less prone to damage when traveling, 8 gigs, mine is a scandisk version. I had seen several posts on the SetupTab forums about the cards not being to long term reliable so I got a tad bit nervous and bought another usb thumb drive. I can still use the SDHC in the travel computer and keep the other in the home laptop :). YMMV

Second license installed.

Question, I have an older Intous2 medium, this thing is ancient in computer terms... 2003? it still works, not the higher resolution of the new, or the touch features or the buttons, but it keeps working, it is usb so it works on the laptops. I really do not see a reason to get rid of it. BUT... I was looking at a Intous4 small at the computer store today, they are under 200, and they come with all of the bells and whistles of the new ones (well, that is probably because it is new :) ) It is a tad bit smaller, but it does have the higher resolution and the buttons... is it worth it? I have been wanting to get one of those game controllers that allows you to map keyboard functions to buttons, this would really help me streamline some of the programs that I am working with....

Ideas? the intous4 small is much smaller than the medium, and for portability it is probably the best option, it has a few buttons, not many but that might be enough...

Rich
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Got the license and placed it on a usb drive. Runs on both computers - 32 bit version, cause I have 32 bit and 64 bit puters.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi, coming back with good news - promised I'll let you know about my research "exchangeable SD-Cardreader".

Today I tried out one of my multi-cardreaders and put my lincense SD-Card in - messiah up & running! Evidently the program doesn't care about the reader at all. So everyone using a SD-dongle has only to take the SD-Card with him for traveling. Guess you'll find a reader everywhere & guess you can also put it into the SD-slot of a notebook directly.

Regards
-BM.