Re: Made it

Post by RAYMAN »

Glad to see you here Roman ! :bananacheers:
Peter
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Glad you could join us Roman... so .. how are things?
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Agree, glad you still in contact..
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Roman
Seaman

Post by Roman »

I see that broken video links do not seem such a big deal. They are the result of reduction of number of servers. I am still working on it.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Roman what about put those videos on Youtube in HD or HQ??
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
First Light
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by First Light »

Roman wrote:I see that broken video links do not seem such a big deal. They are the result of reduction of number of servers. I am still working on it.
Hi Roman,

I downloaded all of the training videos weeks ago after I received your original email about caligari.com going away. But your recent post here prodded me to download more, so I also tried to download the videos from the "Guided Tour" and online "Features" brochure. In each case, the videos with a tsportal.caligari.com web address were unavailable so they must point to the server in question. Here's what appears to be "broken" from just these two online documents:
  • 01 Soft Paint, Displacement Paint (GT0102b.wmv) from the Guided Tour
  • 15 Work Together (colabnew.wmv) from the Guided Tour
  • 07 Parva House example (ParvaHouse2.wmv) from the "User Interface" page of the Features
  • 09 Skeletons and Skin (tS75_CE01_buildskel.wmv) from the "Characters" page of the Features
  • 10 Joint Limits (tS75_CE02_jointlimits.wmv) from the "Character" page of the Features
  • 11 Paint Skin Weights (tS75_CE05_VolumePaint.wmv) from the "Character" page of the Features
  • 12 Locks (tS75_CE03_locks.wmv) from the "Character" page of the Features
  • 13 Rig Controls (tS75_CE04_IKHandles.wmv) from the "Character" page of the Features
  • 14 BVH Motion Capture (BVH.wmv) from the "Animation" page of Features
  • 17 Blend Physics and Keyframe Clips (Simulation.wmv) from the "Animation" page of Features
Note: I've numbered the above in the order each video appears in its respective document.

It would be nice if all of the videos were available---it might actually be a "big deal" to newcomers who want to tour the capabilities of trueSpace 7.6 before downloading it. We may never know just how big of a deal it is because a newcomer may simply leave as soon as they encounter problems and never return.

If Microsoft is unable to provide the resources to host them, can you give us permission to host the videos and related material here? We may be able to provide a more stable home for them. If the answer is "yes", can we also host the training videos here?

Thanks for your consideration.

Best regards, First Light
3dfrog
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by 3dfrog »

Howdy Captain. Good to see You here!
Jello
Marine

Post by Jello »

Good to see you here Roman, kind of like when Obi Wan went to Kashyyyk to sure up the Wookies.
Anyone think MS might restart trueSpace once the economy recovers?