Safer Internet Day

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Safer Internet Day

Post by LeonRegis »

A good opportunity to discuss this important matter... many times I think that post any ideological thing in internet is bad, and maybe in the future I got haunted by it. Also even anything is bad, most of you know how I'm even not seeing me, most of you know how a met with me would be... and that's not a bad thing since I also know about you, but the problem is when other persons (by search engines) start knowing about me with bad intentions.

Remember that if you post, it will stay there for an indefinable time and for everyones access!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
carlpatti
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Safer Internet Day

Post by carlpatti »

Hi LeonRegis, :bananahi:

Just wondering... did you have a bad experience because of something you posted here on our forum??? You said "maybe in the future" and so I am hoping that you didn't have anything bad happen.

You are right though. Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes I think we all feel a little too comfortable in the unique and friendly atmosphere of this forum. Good to remember everything we type is public.

patti :D
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

I always have been underexposed in internet... I mean, I don't have any account on social network (Facebook, orkut and so on), I never posted a photo of me online... I always tried to say the minimum is possible and don't give any personal information.

The only thing I had was the MSN to talk exclusively with real friends, that give their MSN to me by a piece of paper in my hand... I just think MSN is just the new telephone, well I like more Skype but everyone is Microsoft buddy (a shame they don't know MS isn't their friends).

So after now this forum I started posting more personal informations (Age, Country), and added some guys in my MSN that I ever looked or even don't know how their faces looks like.

But most of this isn't a problem because by the historic of the members (long term members that showed personal informations, share images and even are Caligari Ambassadors I feel free, without risks. And then thinking about it I started posting things of ideological content, I don't mean by it that I posted communist, fascist or religious things... but small things as my rancor with Microsoft, my pacifist vision of the world, my preferences, my vision of the world, what I think about climates changes and so on...

My fear is that they use it against me in the future, I don't know how or why it would happen... but a example that will never happen is: Let's say they are planning to nominee me general but they look at internet that I'm militarily weak and like the world without weapons and wars, they will certainly choose the guy who likes to win the war with any method instead who wants to minimize the damage and just try to defend. Also needs to be clear I'm not the kind of pacifist who thinks that if they punch me I need to give the other face, but that I don't intend to attack or use the Future protection method (attack nations that will possibly be a thread in the future, as they did on Iraq).

In general was a example and don't correspond to the reality.

Remembering that here there is a lot of personal content so you can now know more about me... :|
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

In case anyone is wondering I own 32 Pitbulls, I'm a part-time ninja instructor, can wield a knife like Sweeney Todd, I am also a descendant of Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great...
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Steinie wrote:In case anyone is wondering I own 32 Pitbulls, I'm a part-time ninja instructor, can wield a knife like Sweeney Todd, I am also a descendant of Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great...
I already read that on your facebook page.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Well Leon, all I can say is, be honest about yourself, and stick to your beliefs.
Your beliefs may change in the future. If you are running for a political office
or something similar in the future, and someone digs up your comments from the
past, well, that's gonna happen anyway. That's politics. 8-)

Sometimes when I logon to MSN chat, I get these notifications that some person
I've never met wants to become friends. But those people are most likely con artists,
or 'adult entertainers' (probably; not that I'd know for sure!) for lack of a more appropriate term.

Yeah I had to remove stuff from my facebook page about building a top secret fusion reactor that
runs on beer cans and used coffee grinds. :o
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Steinie wrote:In case anyone is wondering I own 32 Pitbulls, I'm a part-time ninja instructor, can wield a knife like Sweeney Todd, I am also a descendant of Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great...
According to the pitbull's Facebook pages, they own you.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

spacekdet wrote:According to the pitbull's Facebook pages, they own you.
I laughed so hard!

Froo, yeah I know that but now they have a new tool to discover things about you and the most interesting thing is that you want to put your informations there... :mrgreen:
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

If a hundred million people saw what you did, it is possible to be in danger. If a hundred million people are in danger, it does not matter as this become the norm and nobody cares. Internet is a dustbin of information. Anyone can says anything and nobody listen when there are too many people. This forum is good because it is small and we're not anonymous. Is the only thing that is important. I do not care that everyone can read what I said because I only said what everyone can read. ;)
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

"The internet is really really greeeeat...."

If any of you can finish that line for me, you know you've been digging the internet scene