tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

Post by trueBlue »

trueBlue wrote:Thanks Clinton for all of your help! I have posted the final version here:
http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 698#p14698" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also I have incorporated all of these modifications into the tS761 Update as a seperate download here:
http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 3202#p3202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll do the tS761 Standalone version as soon as I can.
I uploaded the Standalone version today here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by splinters »

A thousand apologies about the icons mate. Had a big job interview today and I have been wrapped up with that and school coursework all week.
Drop me an email: woodwardp (at) blueyonder (co.uk) (sorry for truncating that; don't want spamming) listing exactly what you want and where they will go. I am not knocking yours at all but the offer is there if you want 'em to match the rest etc.

P.S Didn't get the job but that is the good news; it was a terrible place (and position)
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Thank you! I sent you an email.
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Icons incoming tonight trueblue. Quick question though; do you want model side icons porting over for things like glue/unglue (I think I have the masters for those and they would be more familiar to existing users).
Show/Hide I can also do based on the icons from model side but I don't get 'unlook at'...wouldn't that be like using the look at tool then using the reset view tool above it?
Maybe I am missing something but I wanna get them right for you. Keep on throwing requests too as I am on vacation next week... :D
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Thanks Splinters!
I was thinking the same thing with regards to using the same theme as Model's icons except of course in a 26 x 26 format for the Glue & UnGlue.

With regards to the Show & Hide selected objects, I think this is different in Workspace verses Model.
In Model it is more of an individual, "Draw as Solid" & "Object Mode Off". Right?
In Workspace it is an individual, "Invisible - On or Off".
The way these two scripts work, which is different in both aspects, Shows or Hides, "Selected Object(S)", adding the feature of multiple selections. So.....I dunno. I'll let you decide what would be best for the Workspace version icons. BTW: These scripts do not work in Model.
Note: I am also very close to a Workspace "UnHide All" script. (CLINTONMAN ???) So a Model's type "Unhide all objects" icon would be needed also. Hummm... might need a "Show all objects" too, eh? <- "I miss Norm!"

For the Workspace's, "UnLook At" icon, how about using Workspace's, "Look At" icon without the arrows?
Or with a red X?
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Here is the tS76 - UnHideAll project if somebody wants to take a look.
UnHide1 works on unencapsulated objects ONLY and without errors, by itself.
In this scene it is wired to a UnHideAll which works on encapsulated objects but with an error.
Even though the error accurs it still works.
The goal here is to combine both scripts into one script that works without errors.
Edit: File removed. I figured out a way.
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Apologies (again) for lack of icons. I was boarding at school last night which nearly always means several peaceful hours when the kids have gone to bed...but disaster struck. Surprise visits from new members of staff, broken windows and a trip to hospital....and that is the short version. Off to London for a few day then I really will get these done mate.

Life eh? You just can't plan it.....
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Okie Dokie Splinters.
BTW: As of 2/14/2010, I have posted an update for all 3 updates that include new icons for the Unlook At, Unencapsulate, Show, Hide, and a new Show All/Hide All button. Please take a look and see if it meets your standards or so you can see where they are going if you choose to create better ones. HTH & TIA
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

trueblue, just sending you 5 icons to check. I inverted the alpha channel as they were in tS7.6 and saved as 32 bit bmp with alpha. See how they work and I can make more tomorrow... :D
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

trueBlue,
the url links dated Feb 7th are dead. Is this a current thread or is there another Forum with active links?
Thanks