gSculpt 0.99 Win32-Linux The Overlooked Diamond of Modelers>>>

Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

gSculpt 0.99 Win32-Linux The Overlooked Diamond of Modelers>>>

Post by Krowbarh »

This is more promotional than a Link-Tip so figgered THIS be better place...

i try many oddball modelers & most fail in certain areas mostly viewport chugging terrible framerate on even moderate polys...

Wings3D is one of those tragedies as it is coded from that obscure 'ERLANG' code which makes it terrible for anything other than low-low poly...

gSculpt is not a 'look alike' of the Nendo-Mirai paradigm but in OPERATION feels & reacts much more like Mirai in the end with a few major differences...

It can certainly achieve high polys like Mirai, in the viewport without bogging down...

I think it's only drawbacks are the limited format which is JUST OBJ in-out & some VRML deal AND it's JUST a modeler...NO UV tools, No 3D paint like Nendo & Mirai...

Weird thing is that it just seems to be overlooked...I DON'T GET IT...I don't even see it on Cellulo's master list and it's free as well...

It's procedural as well, has nodes-layers for what that is worth lots of modeling power with mirror & virtual mirror as well...

Here's a slow moving GIF outlining just some facets...Open outside of forum to get larger GIF-

The Developer said it was designed after Wings3D but in the end it became way better & that was even when development stopped in 2007...This is also a great modeler for those who have a HARD TIME with modelers with it's validation system....

GO HERE-

http://gsculpt.sourceforge.net/