Unreal Engine 4

Technical questions, etc..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Unreal Engine 4

Post by bitkar »

this is getting scary and dangerous... but awesome at the same time. Realtime unreal4 engine with face motion capturing

Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Draise
Captain

Re: Unreal Engine 4

Post by Draise »

Still uncanny, probably from the mouth and body movements - but the face is looking great! I love Unreal Engine, I see it as the future.

They even release in the same GDC (with x4 titans in parrallel) REALTIME RAYTRACING in engine - with dof, reflections, refractions, gi, ao, soft cascading shadows, everything. Realtime.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

I just downloaded the software and I have been experimenting with Unreal Engine 4 and I think this is definitely the most impressive software I have ever tried.
The download was pretty large at over 6 gigs but it runs good on my desktop and the real-time lighting and textures are hard to believe.
Just learning but this will consume most of my time for the next few months trying to learn how to use it. 8-)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Glad you're getting into it. Indeed, it is magical!

Keep me posted on your Unreal Engine progress, sometimes I think I may oneday need to delegate work to someone who knows my workflow.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

I'm about to decide that it really does not run very good on my computer. I have been trying to follow a youtube video on creating grass and when I add the material as shown it takes 5 to 10 minutes to simply add the material texture to the editor. I thought it was freezing up, but apparently, (after I waited 5 minutes), the texture loaded. It is simply EXTREMELY slow. I think it is the free 6GB landscape asset. I may try moving the textures to a different directory so that the path names are not so so long. Don't know whats wrong but this is totally ridiculous :? .
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

I was finally able to get get a good grass texture using a different tutorial with some flowers and rocks added. Will keep experimenting and move on to trying to make some landscape scenes.
Attachments
Unreal-01_ScreenShot-01.jpg
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »