Rotate all objects inside a group

Technical questions, etc..
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Rotate all objects inside a group

Post by the_ant »

Hi all of you

i must rotate all object (tree projection images with alpha) inside a group to have all in front of different cameras for different renderings.

Is there an althernative way (plugin or actions) instead of open the group and assign right rotation to every obj with SJ Cut'n'Paste?

Thanks! :bananahi:

Rotate all objects inside a group.jpg
clintonman
Captain

Re: Rotate all objects inside a group

Post by clintonman »

You can use the look at button but you still have to do one by one. You can make a special object whose only function is to have the items look at it, then you can move that object behind each of the cameras as needed.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer

Post by the_ant »

Thanks a lot Clinton(Guru)man !!! :worship:

I'll do that as you suggested....though...

....my dream was a button (in a plugin) that could transform an "extra-obj" in a "look-at obj" for all objects

in a group or specific layer...

Do you think someone could have done that (or do in next-future)??..... :roll: :mrgreen:
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Pretty sure you can assign the camera itself as the look-at target (as long as you create one and aren't just using a viewpoint)
Select each sub-object, Look-At, then click the camera. I think it aligns along the Z axis of the object that 'does the looking' so if your tree planes flip when you assign the Look At target, check their axis orientation (Click the Axis tool to make axes visible/editable; click again to hide/return to object edit.)
It may also make a difference if you are grouping the tree planes as 'Siblings' or 'Children'.
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer

Post by the_ant »

Never too late to say Thank You ...Spacekdet! :worship: :bananahi:
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

I wonder if tS6.6 SDK would allow for a sort of scripting tool, like the way Photoshop script works.

For example, press a START RECORDING button that would record every action on a given object, like add x meters to location X, add x degrees in rotation Y, expand size x time in Z direction, etc... then store the actions to let the user apply it on an other object, or on each object of a selection.

This would be a very versatile tool ; much more efficient than the SJ Cut'n'Paste.tsx