Sorry to complain again but now 7.6 is moaning.

Technical questions, etc..
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Sorry to complain again but now 7.6 is moaning.

Post by BNG »

I did a completely new install of 7.6 not beta 8 7.61. I haven't done more then install the PDF manual. I copied some of my old models library folder files from a previous install into the new istall. Now when I access the Scene library and select some models Truespace is throwing an error box that reads "The system has run out of Memory." I'm at my wits end on what to do next. I'm running Windows 7 Home. Up until recently TS 7.6 was run just fine. Is it possible that copying the old library folder started the issue? I really am quite desperate at this point and could use some feedback on what to try to get TS working like normal again.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Sorry to complain again but now 7.6 is moaning.

Post by Emmanuel »

If you get this crash when loading your old library only, I guess either the library file or one of the scene files is corrupted. You should try to load your scenes one by one and build a new library.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Emmanuel wrote:If you get this crash when loading your old library only, I guess either the library file or one of the scene files is corrupted. You should try to load your scenes one by one and build a new library.
That sounds like a very good idea and I'll give that a whirl. Thanks Emanuel, Leroy.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Oddly, I was able to stop the loading error by loading each scene, clicking through the multiple out of memory messages until they stopped appearing, paint over the model group with the default gray material and replace the existing scene. This alone allowed the scenes to be loaded again w/o any more problems.

I remember that textures from external folders has to be searched for when TS loaded an existing model. It never did the out of memory thingy though until recently though. Another thing I experienced was that TS would load a part of the scene, throw a memory error, I'd click OK and TS continued to load another part and repeat this behavior I guess until it was able to load all of the models parts.

I'm still curious as to what was happening? Thankfully, I only lost a handful of scenes and the existing scenes seem to load okay now. I'll need to redo the textures again, but only the ones from external folders seem affected as the default TS based textures that I reuse a lot load just find.

Is there a way to set preferences for external texture paths on the modelside of 7.6x modeling software? Thanks, Leroy.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

BNG wrote:
Is there a way to set preferences for external texture paths on the modelside of 7.6x modeling software? Thanks, Leroy.
In TS6_Files menu, open Preferences panel and edit the Texture path (you can add several paths)
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Emmanuel wrote:
BNG wrote:
In TS6_Files menu, open Preferences panel and edit the Texture path (you can add several paths)
Thank you Emmanuel. Leroy.

PS: Apparently, TS has a limited to how many textures can be in a folder as I got the out of memory message when adding too many textures at one time.