Problem 7.61 with update runs sluggishly?

Technical questions, etc..
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Problem 7.61 with update runs sluggishly?

Post by BNG »

Compared to 7.6 7.61 with the update patch runs really slow and takes forever to complete tasks when buttons and icons are selected? Do I need to install the Windows 7 fix to correct the issue? Thanks, Leroy. As I recall 7.61 minus the update ran quite well in the past. I started using 7.6 for now as it is more stable then 7.61 updated. PS: I tried deleting the default ctx but it didn't seem to do much to fix the issue. Happy holidays to all btw.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Problem 7.61 with update runs sluggishly?

Post by trueBlue »

Could you clarify exactly what "update patch" you are referring to?

If you are referring to the trueSpace Unofficial Updates
viewforum.php?f=55
YOU seem to be the only one that is having problems with the trueSpace Unofficial Updates as far as I know.
As a side note I have noticed that you have admitted to installing the wrong version.
And...this is NOT the first time that you have complained about the updates either.
Please get your story straight, including if you followed the instructions on installing the update NOT "patch", correctly.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

There are many factors to sluggish TS, could the videocard/drivers/the bridge, the scene, a bad script, or old plugin. Turning off the bridge really helps.

And... yeah...
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

trueBlue wrote:Could you clarify exactly what "update patch" you are referring to?

If you are referring to the trueSpace Unofficial Updates
viewforum.php?f=55
YOU seem to be the only one that is having problems with the trueSpace Unofficial Updates as far as I know.
As a side note I have noticed that you have admitted to installing the wrong version.
And...this is NOT the first time that you have complained about the updates either.
Please get your story straight, including if you followed the instructions on installing the update NOT "patch", correctly.
It was the beta 8 unofficial patch. Complained? Sorry, but I finally installed the correct update to the best of my knowledge and the issue was not really resolved as I originally had beta 8 working okay for the longest of time and reinstalled it after the sluggish behavior was causing problems for no apparent reason.

I also had 7.6 installed already and it runs pretty much flawlessly so I'm using that and don't see a point in complaining too much about beta 8 as I don't really use the workspace side all that much anyways.

When I say sluggish I mean the application just sits there and spins like it can't locate something, ie, the little blue circly thingy in Windows. Consequently, it gives the impression that Truespace is hanging during it attempt to complete what ever operation was selected.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Draise wrote:There are many factors to sluggish TS, could the videocard/drivers/the bridge, the scene, a bad script, or old plugin. Turning off the bridge really helps.

And... yeah...
Thanks, Draise I give that a whirl. For what I use Truespace for 7.6 is more then adequate for my needs. I mostly installed beta 8 for the TS6.5 help file it supported. Thanks, Leroy.