Have I got the right version

Technical questions, etc..
foff44
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Have I got the right version

Post by foff44 »

Steinie wrote:Fof44,
Just in case you missed this thread it will clear up a few questions.

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... =23&t=2146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will answer SOME of your questions but not all. We are here for those questions. Most users here
tend to stick to one version ( Model vs. WorkSpace) of trueSpace and their work is outstanding. Once you get
the hang of one side then you can start adventuring over to the other side.

I tend to stick to WorkSpace because I have the real-time rendering engine and VRay which I purchased. Your options
are much bigger sticking to the Model side for now.
(I occasionally use the bend tool and Froo's Obj Importer on the Model side then bring the object over to the WorkSpace side to continue.)

I'm glad you want to give trueSpace a shot. It is not for everybody but those of us that use it Love it!

Hey Steinie

I am off to that link now, I do find myself a lot more in the Model Side as it looks more familiar (like other 3d programmes I have tinkered with)

I do have a few questions but will always try to nut them out myself before I ask in the forums.

Again thank you for your help.
foff44
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by foff44 »

trueBlue wrote:
Capture.PNG
G'day trueBlue,
This will be the dumbest and hopefully the only dumb question I need to ask, but,
How do I know when I am in version 6.6.
I click on the the trueSpace6 tab, the screen goes black and white, then comes good again and the only change I see is that the Library, Panel, and Settings panels on the right hand side disappears.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Select the Model tab (when selected the tab turns gray) for an updated version of trueSpace 6.6 and Workspace for the trueSpace 7 version. The tabs at the top are saved layouts and the trueSpace6 layout is a modified layout that somewhat hides (closed, expandable windows) the Workspace tools and panels.
Here is a video explaining the Bridge that connects the Model(tS6) with the Workspace(tS7).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_JtLkHQZkg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the same user you will find several videoes/tutorials about Model(tS6) and Workspace(tS7).
http://www.youtube.com/user/truespacefree/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by BNG »

I would say that the Model tab and Truespace6 tab are the 6.6 version. However, using the Truespace6 tab option disables some parts of the Workspace side of TS. In particular when you wish to use the newer RSX based TS plugin addons and keep them loaded when you close the software and open it again for future modeling projects.

A safe bet would be to select the Default tab as both versions of TS are enabled then just select the Model tab when you want to use the 6.6 version. I know it sounds a bit odd but once you get over these oddities you should find Truespace quite easy to navigate and use without a lot of problems. Leroy.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

BNG wrote:I would say that the Model tab and Truespace6 tab are the 6.6 version. However, using the Truespace6 tab option disables some parts of the Workspace side of TS. In particular when you wish to use the newer RSX based TS plugin addons and keep them loaded when you close the software and open it again for future modeling projects.

A safe bet would be to select the Default tab as both versions of TS are enabled then just select the Model tab when you want to use the 6.6 version. I know it sounds a bit odd but once you get over these oddities you should find Truespace quite easy to navigate and use without a lot of problems. Leroy.
BNG! Everything you said here is wrong. As said about the trueSpace6 layout, the Workspace tools and panels are still there.
"the trueSpace6 layout is a modified layout that somewhat hides (closed, expandable windows) the Workspace tools and panels"
The trueSpace6 layout looks like the Default layout when you expand the windows, as shown below.

Please do not offer advice unless you really know what you are talking about.
Attachments
Untitled.png