Workspace and Modeler camera not matching

Technical questions, etc..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Workspace and Modeler camera not matching

Post by trueBlue »

Just discovered that the Object Scale tool adjust the Camera's FOV in Model and Workspace
Emmanuel, can you test this out and see if it resolves your issue with the Workspace and Model camera not matching?
Testing in tS7.6
Bridge is set to Auto
For this test I have docked a Model window in the main window on the left using the Default layout with Workspace on the right
Both with the same window inner dimensions
Loaded a normal Model camera and used View from Object
Also Set the same Camera in Workspace to view from
Open Model's Information panel with the Camera selected

Use the Object Scale tool adjust the Camera's FOV in Model and or Workspace
Note the Z Scale in Workspace's Information panel will update the same as Model's Size Z
Model shows X Size @ half the Workspace's X Scale
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

trueBlue, I think you don't understand the problem here.
It is not a synchronization problem. Workspace camera updates its FOV according to Modeler's Z value pretty well, but the frame is different on identical windows sizes.

See this screen capture on my 2013 post :
camera matching.jpg
You see ?
- Same camera, same windows sizes...
- But on Modeler the distance (in yellow) between the cubes and the border of the frame is different to the distance in the WS window (in green).

If I change the Z value in Modeler, it also changes the FOV in WS and there is always a difference.

Clinton's tool allows to adjust the FOV in workspace ONLY, and keep the same Z value in Modeler side. This allows to make both windows to show identical framing. :bananaclaus:

Before Clinton's tool, my workaround was to duplicate the camera, so I can have one for Modeler (say it is CAMERA 1) and one for Workspace (call it CAMERA 2) : both are at the same exact location, but the Z value was slightly different.
When creating the composition, CAMERA 1 was set as the eye in Modeler window, and CAMERA 2 as the eye in WP window. The cameras can't be glued together though, so it was not easy to handle.

Clinton's tool is for tS7.61 only though (it makes tS7.6 to crash).
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

Emmanuel wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 14:56 trueBlue, I think you don't understand the problem here.
It is not a synchronization problem. Workspace camera updates its FOV according to Modeler's Z value pretty well, but the frame is different on identical windows sizes.

camera matching.jpg

You see ?
- But on Modeler the distance (in yellow) between the cubes and the border of the frame is different to the distance in the WS window (in green).

If I change the Z value in Modeler, it also changes the FOV in WS and there is always a difference.

Clinton's tool allows to adjust the FOV in workspace ONLY, and keep the same Z value in Modeler side. This allows to make both windows to show identical framing. :bananaclaus:

Before Clinton's tool, my workaround was to duplicate the camera, so I can have one for Modeler (say it is CAMERA 1) and one for Workspace (call it CAMERA 2) : both are at the same exact location, but the Z value was slightly different.
When creating the composition, CAMERA 1 was set as the eye in Modeler window, and CAMERA 2 as the eye in WP window. The cameras can't be glued together though, so it was not easy to handle.

Here's a version that won't crash tS7.6
Attachments
Get MS FOV for WS.RsObj
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Emmanuel wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 14:56 trueBlue, I think you don't understand the problem here.

camera matching.jpg

You see ?

I see!
I was mostly pointing out that you can adjust the FOV using the Scale tool, I did not know that
By the way, you can parent the Model Camera to the Workspace Camera at the same location if desired
Looks like Clinton's script saves with the scn too
Here is an example tS7.6 scn
Just select the Model Camera (the Parent) when moving wherever and the Workspace Camera is attached
Parented Cams.png
Attachments
MS FOV 2 WS FOV.scn
(268.6 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

trueBlue wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 23:27 By the way, you can parent the Model Camera to the Workspace Camera at the same location if desired
clintonman wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 16:12 Here's a version that won't crash tS7.6
You are the bosses ! :bananaclaus: :bananaguitar: :bananaclaus: :bananaguitar: