Blue textures in Vray

Technical questions, etc..
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Blue textures in Vray

Post by splinters » 16 Feb 2013, 18:40

Pretty sure i asked this before but cant find the answer and i have a tight deadline on a job.
I opened some old Vray files to adapt for a client and getting weird texture problems. Either several items in the scene are getting painted with the same texture or I am simply getting plain blue textures. Admittedly these are Simbiont textures but i havent had a problem with them before upgrading to Windows 8.
I could just get different textures but I am trying to match to the other illustrations all of which use Simbionts and Vray.

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Blue textures in Vray

Post by RAYMAN » 16 Feb 2013, 23:32

Now that is interesting I didnt even know Symbionts would work in Vray..... ! :D
They were actually only made for lightworks... initially....
If all things fail put the texture on a plane and render it out as big as you can in lightroom
and then use it in a genuine Vray shader (texture)......!
Peter

splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters » 17 Feb 2013, 10:50

The only think lost from the Simbiont is the reflectivity and you need to ramp up the texture bump depth but it has always worked. Hence the frustration, I am trying to re-render a scene from a few years ago but it just wont play ball.

Even more strange is bridge is turned off but the scene appears in workspace too. I deleted the scene in workspace side but after a few test renders I notice strange objects in my tS side scene. When I switch to workspace, its there again!!

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN » 17 Feb 2013, 12:16

I just saw in the windows 8 thread that some people had to deactivate old plugins in Windows 8 because they dont work anymore...
could that be the reason ?
Peter

pugman 1
Captain

Post by pugman 1 » 17 Feb 2013, 12:58

I also have win 8 my vue infinite crashes all the time when i add atmospheres .
thinking of putting win 7 back on

splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters » 19 Feb 2013, 20:21

Getting sick of Windows 8. It crashes exactly three times from boot up so I have to wait each time for it to reboot. Its a macbook pro and Win 7 never crashed.
Grrrrrrrr