Memory and the big file

Technical questions, etc..
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Memory and the big file

Post by marcel »

TS can export without trianglulated mesh with obj, not dxf. But mesh are alway triangulated in the memory of the video card. Some software can show real quad or ngone face in realtime, other software like Bryce not.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr

Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Rhino169 »

Thanks Marcel !

I figured that I was in trouble on this one. Below is what my mesh looks like close up at it's final destination.

I was trying to use truespace to model and the have Bryce import a .scn or .cob file and then export a .dxf to AutoCAD and then use a viewer to see result. I just didn't look at my mesh close enough when I was claiming victory before. :x

I'm trying to model in truespace because I know the program so well, without having to use the less than friendly acad 3d tools. Maybe there is another format out there that will import in and maintain the truespace model structure.

I also tried a cube, cone, sphere and a cylinder from truespace to Bryce and then into acad and it looked like the items were all inside out.

Please let me know if there is any other method out there.

Thanks! :cry:
Attachments
triangualtion wireframe2.jpg

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

Bryce create always triangles. No way to avoid that. But it is not a problem if you use it to render an object from TS. Bryce is not a real modeler but it can work with large scene, better than TS. That is why Bryce and TS can work together. Wireframe without triangles is useful for modeler only. You don't need to show the wireframe with Bryce if you don't like to see the triangle. Use a solid mode.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr