Applying jpeg texture from Materials-Textures in library

Technical questions, etc..
bkjernisted
Chief Petty Officer

Applying jpeg texture from Materials-Textures in library

Post by bkjernisted »

on right hand panel in model mode? Can this jpeg texture be applied to the model? It seems to be the only library I can get it to show up in. It won't load in the color shaders library or the material library on the left hand side. I'm trying to texture my house with the textures that came with the architectural tutorial, Thanks!
bkjernisted
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Applying jpeg texture from Materials-Textures in library

Post by bkjernisted »

loadtexturemap1.00 tsx
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

in model side use only the original old material editor, not the right panel.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
bkjernisted
Chief Petty Officer

Post by bkjernisted »

I've decomposed my small gable roof into objects and seem to be able to choose different faces with the face tool. THe problem I'm having is that I can't seem to add a single texture to a single face, for example the eaves. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Breech Block »

Select the "Paint Face" tool from the Material Editor and simply left-click on the appropiate poygonal face of your model.
bkjernisted
Chief Petty Officer

Post by bkjernisted »

Thanks Breech! It took me a while to find the paint face tool. As you can see it took 4 men to lay every shingle and brick on the house. I had to color the house because there were too many mistakes in my methods of installing the window surrounds and I should of boolean subtracted my other windows slightly smaller than the size of the windows. The roof and chimney of course were created with the proper methods. As you can see I made Quite a few changes in the original tutorial with alot more windows and the balconies and handrails. I still need to color the rest of the eaves dark blue. Can someone tell me how I can make my shingles and bricks the right sizes? Thanks!
Attachments
house with shingles and bricks.gif
bkjernisted
Chief Petty Officer

Post by bkjernisted »

Here is the house with everything completed except the roof and chimney. Still need advice on getting the shingles and bricks to be the right size, Thanks!
Attachments
house without shingles and chimney textures..gif
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Breech Block »

One way to set your roof tiles to the right "scale" is to to increase the number of times tS paints your selected texture into its allocated polygon/face.

You do this by increasing the number of "U Repts" and/or "V Repts" in the Material Editor.

Just in case your unaware, U and V are the horizontal and verticle axis lines of the UV map (and the reason they are labled U and V is because X,Y and Z have already been taken up).

When I change textures in this fashion, I quite often change the way tS displays my object to "Draw Object As Solid Outline" to help the process along.

HTH.
bkjernisted
Chief Petty Officer

Post by bkjernisted »

I know my shingles are a little large. What should I do to add a glass shine to my windows. If I choose each window and paint object the sides of the window frames will also get painted as well as the glass panes. I've decomposed all my windows into objects so I need to see if I can add separate colors to the panes of glass. Can this be done? What else would people suggest? Thanks!
Attachments
right side back view showing 5 doors,eaves troughs and 2 downspouts.gif
left side showing 2 downspouts, multiple windows and door onto balcony.gif
birdseyeview.jpg
bkjernisted
Chief Petty Officer

Post by bkjernisted »

Thanks for your help Breech! Is it okay if I post 3 more pictures?