iSpace

Technical questions, etc..
CdeB
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

iSpace

Post by CdeB »

Hi

A bit of history, even archaeology some might think ;) as it concerns iSpace.

I've been out of the 3D world quite some time, concentrating on my writing career and particularly my first novel :bananatyping: .

I dipped into TrueSpace again over the Christmas period to update some 3D images I was doing for a work presentation -and I may even post these...

I constructed our family website using iSpace and actually, although I have an author blog site, I never got round to a proper author website, but always planned to use iSpace to make a cool and pretty unique science fictional website. Now the British Science Fiction Association has accepted one of my short stories for its inaugural fiction magazine, Fission, I may get some more traffic. The blog is serviceable now I fixed 450 spam comments that awaited my return, but it would be nice to get the website up and running, especially as a friend who is a really good space photographer has donated me an amazing double nebula photo to use!

With some trepidation I installed my copy of iSpace 1.5 on a Windows 7 Enterprise machine. I don't think I installed it in compatibility mode, but anyway it opened fine. The problem came when I tried to render: it crashed the program, almost certainly due to some rather out of date 3D graphics drivers, I guess.

I checked the compatibility mode it had chosen to run on and it was XP, there was a Windows 2000 option so I tried that without success. The only thing I haven't tried is to uninstall and install under a Windows 2000 compatibility mode, and now I've found my software pass-code I could do that.

Am I just banging my head against a brick wall of obsolescence here, or does anybody have experience or pointers to save this neat program?

The other reason I liked iSpace was its integration with Microsoft FrontPage 2000, which, incredibly, seems to work fine on Windows 7 and is even supposed to work on Windows 10!

So I can easily edit my old websites in Frontpage, just not introduce new content from iSpace.

Looking forward to hearing from any other archaeologists out there ;)

Best wishes

CdeB

Finis
Captain

Re: iSpace

Post by Finis »

Congratulations on the novel and short story!
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

CdeB
Chief Petty Officer

Post by CdeB »

Thanks Finis

Some recent art will appear here in the not too distant future.

Still hoping somebody has a solution...another approach could be to launch one of my old computers

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Have you tried run as admin?
Does it have open gl and dx..?
Truespace has settings for the drivers in the setting panels! Could also be a shader problem???

bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

in worst case, you can use a virtual machine with winXP to run it.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)