Beach Bum BoB

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Beach Bum BoB

Post by Steinie »

I admit this is a different approach for me too. We need to be educated!
Is there a time limit on the free demo? What are the limitations?
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by jeffroig »

Once I get some project out of my way I will be able to put together a tutorial on how I use it.
Here is a link to the limitations of the trial version of Argile http://www.n-sided.com/3D/demo.php?txt=argile
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Here is yet another character. I dont do animals much. I am still working on this one and then will be time for the morphs.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOPa_e3zW38&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOPa_e3zW38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

After several request to know how I create the morphs and apply them I will now give a very brief tutorial on this process.
You will need the following tools for this TrueSpace and Argile
1) Create your base model in TrueSpace, I use 6.6.
2) Export your base model out as a OBJ format.
3) Import your base model into Argile and begin transforming it the way you want.
4) Export your work from Argile in OBJ format.
NOTE: to make this all work correctly you want to export gradual variation at a time, you may end up with 50+ models that you export.
5) Import the obj file into your scene in TS, good thing to remember is this, that when you import the object back into TS that it will be the exact size and position as it was when you exported it.
6) Render off your scene and save it as an image file for example: Frame_001.tga,Frame_002.tga etc...You will need to import and render a new frame for each model variation you have created.
Animation is just a series of still images put together to create a motion.
Once you have all your frames exported you will need to combine them back into a AVI or MPG file or whatever you use.
I use VirtualDub to combine all the images and I dont use any compression until the final product which is produced in Adobe Premiere.
The advantage you have on doing single frames is that if you have one frame that get messed up you can easily render a single frame off where as with and AVI or MPG you will need to create it all over again.
One more advantage is that while it may seem quicker to do a AVI while it is creating the AVI there is some information that is stripped from it that is not stripped from the still image.
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR WORK ON A REGULAR BASIS.
Jack Edwards
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Jack Edwards »

Jeff, why not use the Morph mesh modifier in Workspace? It stores poses and lets you keyframe blends between them?

You can load the obj files into different morph poses for the same mesh as long as they are the same geometry. It requires a bit of link editor work but Noko used to do this for his Poser models all the time.
No booleans were used in the mangling of this message... :?

YafaRay for trueSpace Project

(Current version: v0.7.0)

trueSpacePlugins.com
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Jeff works on the Modeler side for one of the answers.
The reason I want to know this procedure is because as you say
"It requires a bit of link editor work"
If the controls aren't there I'm not interested. If someone would like
to design a complete set of morphing tools, sliders etc. I would be interested.

Thanks for the quick tutorial Jeff.
P.S. Rocky said to say "YO" :lol: ;)
Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

The morphs have sliders Steinie.

The link editor part is connecting the Mesh output from the imported OBJ to the Mesh input on the Morph that you want to match. I'm not entirely sure how to do it myself, so we'll need to get noko to write a tutorial. It was fairly straight forward if I remember correctly.

Could be worth writing a plugin to automate the process.

trueSpacePlugins.com
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Wow,
Its seems like I have started something here.
I would love to see a plugin to aid in this process.
I will make a deal out there to the person that writes a plugin to do this.
I will write a in-depth tutorial with video content on the process between TS and Argile and how I achieve the effects that I use and will post it on youtube for all to view.
This would be a great addition.
Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Probably can even be automated with script and might not need a plugin. Need to see from Noko how he did it first though. It was on the beta forums that he demonstrated it, and those are gone now. :(

trueSpacePlugins.com