Motion Tracking Classes

jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Motion Tracking Classes

Post by jeffroig »

Hello to all that are reading this and I want to thank you for your interest in this.
I want to get right down to business as to not waiste any time.
1) Install Zign Track.
2) Install Poser
3) Use TrueSpace

You will be using your webcam for the next steps in this.

1) Use some white stickers (mailing labels or any type of adhesive white label) you are going to need to 5 squares that are about 1/2" x 1/2".
2) Stick one on your forehead, one on the tip of your nose, one on the area between your nose and upper lip, on onyour chin and one on the mid point of your neck.
3) Using your webcam and pointing it straight at your face first start by recording some basic motion such as a head tilt or mouth open and close, dont move to quickly until you get use to the way motion is tracked.
4) Open up zign track and load the video into the software
5) Mark the points using the crosshair until you have all 5 points marked.
6) Start tracking and if all goes well it will process all the frames, please refer to the instructions included for detailed information.
7) Once all frames are tracked and there are no errors you can proceed to exporting the motion.
8) You can export the motion as a Poser motion file or a BVH file that can be used in TS.
9) When exporting to Poser you will need to change the names of the emotions exported to match the characters.

Practice this using various lighting methods with the webcam to achieve better results for tracking, once you have figured out what lighting works best for your type of webcam then duplicate this several times and see if you get the same results.

This is the basics in the facial capturing, what you learn here we will build on in the next lesson.
Practice, Practice, Practice the next lesson will have more points and you will need to have the lighting and camera material down to make the rest work.
I will post the next lesson on Tuesday 19.
If you have any question first look in the instructions and then if the question still persists then please post it on here so we can all learn from it.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Motion Tracking Classes

Post by jeffroig »

Due to my work and having to work late I will not be able to post the next class up this evening. I will post it up on January 23 (Saturday).
I would like to see some of your examples and hear some of your questions.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Hi Jeff, I apologize but I am delayed starting the classes until next week.

Thanks again for offering these classes.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Me too, I think I'll delay a bit due to those challenges, what isn't a bad thing at all since those trials have a time of use.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I want to get started with this also but was tied up with real issues also. I definitely plan on doing this.
I have a question. In an original post you told us to have either trueSpace or Poser available. In your first lesson you tell us to have Poser available. I do no own Poser. Do you plan on showing us in both programs?
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Steinie,
You will find that I also said to download Poser, their is a trial copy of it available to download for free.
You are going to want to see how it works in both TS and Poser.
DanX
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by DanX »

Hello Jeffroig

I didn’t post in your first thread that I would participate but I would also like to go thru your lessons as well if you are ok with that? This is a major time saver for anyone wanting to do animation and an incredible chance to learn from someone with experience. I have poser6 will this be ok?
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

All are welcome to join in and Poser 6 will work out fine.