Facial Tracking/ Motion Tracking

jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Facial Tracking/ Motion Tracking

Post by jeffroig »

Great News! I have been in conversation with the programmer of the software called DgeeMe.
For those that dont know of this software it is a video based motion capture program that is FREE.
The best thing is that it exports BVH motion files that can be used in TS or your favorite software.
To cut to the chase, the programmer is releasing a new and improved version in mid January and it will have improved support for this and have tutorials to help.
Below is a link for the past version of DgeeMe that has no time limits and is free to use.
Check it out and get familuar with it as I have found it very useful and easy to use.
I am trying to get the programmer to let us be testers of the software before he release it so we can help improve it for animators.
Here is a link were you can download the software. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=02d8 ... e37b913e74

I am not the most experienced person with this software so we will all need to work together to figure out all the bugs.
Let me know what you think.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

A truly great news!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

jeff, I would be more than happy to work through this as a tester.

Thanks for setting this up.
richlevy
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by richlevy »

Cool little program! Nice find. I have some free time over the next few weeks so this might prove to be a nice diversion.

Thanks!

Rich
My Flickr site, here you can see some of the photography I do:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich-l/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Just to let you know when you do the calibration point 1 should be at the feet or base, point 2 should be the right, point 3 should be the left and point 4 should be the head. Choose the default 2d calibration and use 1.75. The programmer is working on some issues with the BVH export.