Deep Space Doris

splinters
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Deep Space Doris

Post by splinters »

Still working on this (story mainly) but I got sidetracked promoting the site and writing Limbo (another delayed project).

My goal now is to finish these outstanding projects (two Doris books, Limbo and Bob and Blob) then review the whole thing and tidy up and expand the site as a commercial venture. Yes, I know that is probably the wrong way round... :D
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Still working on the second book but nearer the finish than the start.....
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

And the book is done...just a city to build and a few more illustrations to tweak but overall, I am happy :-)
Attachments
page9.jpg
page24.jpg
page16.jpg
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

few more
Attachments
page19.jpg
page17.jpg
page10.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I love the work that you do! The book looks amazing. Want to read it all, and is great to see a full blown project done in Truespace. Very encouraging. Thanks for sharing!
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

It should be on iTunes before long...the first title is already out there:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/deep-s ... 2878?mt=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the support :-)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Volumetrics, lighting, and colors set the moods. Motion blur on the laser zap picture gives a good action look. Excellent.

The basement dwellers and the dome people is like the Morlocks and the Eloy from The Time Machine. I think your stories are usually more original. Just that idea that is like the old story though.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Pretty sure you can make comparisons between any two stories/films/TV shows. The time machine was the last thing on my mind when writing this. There are lots of influences in there and they are for kids after all ;-)
I always had buck Rodgers in mind actually. As for the age thing, UP would be a great influence to cite if I hadn't written the basic story for this half a decade before that film came out.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

No one can compare Limbo with Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death :lol:
(I remember this as Amazon Women ...)

I didn't mean that you were intentionally copying or basing any of this on it. Rather that your stories' (sp?) elements, or the use of them, are not usually so close to classic or well known ones. Might be good if pieces of these stories remind kids of other stories. That could encourage them to read more.

Agreed, comparisons are easy since many stories will share certain elements. "Pensioner in Spaaaaaace" is found in ... um uh ... some other stories like ... oh uh ... now that is original!

I hope Doris is liked by readers and makes you a ton of money. How are your other books and Buddy World doing?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Slow going on the books Finis...i really need to put more effort into marketing.
If you read the whole story i think you would think differently about the H G Wells comparison.