Buddy World

splinters
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Buddy World

Post by splinters »

Just realised that there is no thread regarding the big project i.e. the Buddy World site. There is a free tour and some of you have subscriptions so I welcome any constructive feedback. After all it is just a big WIP.

Now, anyone experience of marketing/advertising?

In the short term, I have ordered a few hundred of these to hand around schools etc.
Attachments
Businesscard.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: Buddy World

Post by LeonRegis »

Hi Splinters, I've been walking on the world, and is really amazing and BIG, HUGE! With good arts everywhere!
The only problem I've been facing is the slow loading, average 15 seconds to bring up a screen, it don't hinders but I'm just alerting... It can be also an distance problem, since I'm on Brazil.

HTH

PS: Will provide more feedback soon
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Wow, 15 seconds is a long time really. Some pages have quite a few layers with pop ups as you mouse over. On the plus side, as long as you don't clear your internet cache, they will load almost instantly after the first visit.
Thanks for checking it out...glad you like it!

Would be interesting to hear you thoughts about the potential as an aid for teaching English to children....
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Yeah I never thought about use it to teach english. By what I see, no problems and most of the words are simple and easy to understand. Will look forward with this purpose.

Cya
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

speed to download the page is very good for me. i have experience in advertising. If you have some question, i can help you.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Nothing too specific Marcel, just if anyone knows of the best way to get the site advertised with minimal cost. Money is always tight this time of year and I don't have thousands (or hundreds to be honest!) to spend on advertising.
Google adwords were getting costly for me and had little return from them.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

do you have a video advertising for youtube, dailymotion, etc...?
maybe you need a good visual picture to post on many forum (avoid to show this as a spam, that is the problem).
I think your businesscard don't show the real quality of what you do. I am sure you can do more.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Business card was a bit of a 'quick fix' to be honest Marcel. I will look into the others but I only have static stuff, no videos yet!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I would have offered to help with the technicalities of Google Adwords but you have already tried that. It was getting expensive for me too. I think you can post in forums like Marcel said and it wouldn't be spam if you did it in 3d, art, and education related ones. Do that in a lot of them. 3D artists have kids and some are with schools.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Splinters... you plan to do something with Mysterious Land?
I loved the flipbook! Looks really nice! :worship: