Images from the new world

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Images from the new world

Post by marcel »

(It is the movie B.O.T. even if it look something different)
Here are some screen shot of my movie. The movie become more colorful and alive contracted with the pessimism of the beginning. I also made the Generic and placed an important new element: the robot master that appears at the beginning and the end of the film (one of the surprise for the final movie). All animals are animated with different techniques (spline, morph, classic frame keys ,...). water is driven with a control mesh and an animated texture. I will use later effects of waterfalls in post production. The vegetation will be transformed into Amazonian jungle later. Finally I will go to Space... in a few month.
Attachments
cameleon.jpg
grenouilles.jpg
insectes.jpg
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
froo
Captain

Re: Images from the new world

Post by froo »

Wow. Very nice marcel.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Your textures look fantastic! The beetle and chameleon work is
really well done.
I'm not crazy about the sand under the beetle. The background branches in the
chameleon scene is truly professional.
Buzz
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Buzz »

Très bien! ;)
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

thank!
some models are from old movies i did. I just improved them for my new movie.
@ steinie: the sand is wet. It can leave a visible trace in the wake of the worm. Is made to be animated. what interests me is refflect when the cam moves. The worm refflets create a nice effect too even if the form is very simple for a still image.
@ Buzz: merci! ça fait plaisir de lire un peu dans la langue de Molière.
It's really motivating to start a new aspect of the film. A bit of oxygen before entering the winter. I tested these new hd animation on a video projector. with 2 meters wide the image is very detailed. Made with motion blur, hdri and some local light if necessary. thank to the speed of Ligthwork. It is why i use this render engine for animation. This old version can still be used.
Peter
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Peter »

Wow!
I'm very impressed with your work.
a day without orange juice is like... a day without orange juice
pugman 1
Captain

Post by pugman 1 »

absolute brilliant you never stop to amaze us with your work
sooo cool man
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

what are you using for that plants, trees, jungle?

ps: looks great as usuall ;)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

100% TS. I use a 3d scene and a photo on the background (map on a plan). The method is to change the texture of each plant like this: first i place the photo, second i create the texture i want for the plants nearest the cam then change the texture of the other plants: more they are near the background, more their texture are similar than the texture of the photo. If the photo and the first plan are good (enought contrast between background and foreground, same lighting, same perspective) the whole scene will be good with intermediary plan. 2 intermediary plan (or more) are necessary to create a good illusion. At the end i can add some light to enhance the realism. In the case of the forest, after setting the hdri i add a local light positionned at the green and illuminated part of the photo to illuminate from behind the plant with a green color. more the plants are near this area, more they are affected by this light The light don't affect the photo because it is a constant shader. When i do that, i thing about a painted picture.
in resume, my global method is to create equilibrium between what is near and what is far. Same thing for an animated sequence. I work on the first image and the last image.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Another method is to cut a photo to pass through. First i draw each planes with illustrator (1) then import the whole in TS. I shifted the planes in depth and insert 3d (2). I can adjust what i see in the view cam (3). Most of the time i need to enlarge the first planes so that it covers those who are behind. I change the color of the trees gradualy to match with the light of the photo (here the trees behind are more green and bright than the other).
Attachments
paradis_cut.jpg
Last edited by marcel on 06 Sep 2010, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.