Bleak Orbital Terminal - WIP Part 3

DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Bleak Orbital Terminal

Post by DesignDevil »

Heidiho....looks very well so far.

I don't want to give critics i will give a few tips ;)

The explosion could be a bit faster - just a bit. I mean the pieces could fly a bit faster and more out of the way, maybe with one piece that fly by directly to the cam with a whuuuushhh sound (a whip like sound, like a swinging sword going louder if the piece comes nearly to the cam).

Also i found that the pieces are flying to straight. In my eyes they could have more rotation, a more crazy and random movement.

The speed of the cloud is ok. But anything with the cloud is curious - i thing the cloud himself has no motion blur.

And at last ... such a big explosion works better if you shake a bit the cam himself ;)

I know, i know - it's just a test and I also know that this type of special effects needs a lot of time to finalize the best adjustements but hey...these are just tips ;)

However ... just in this stage an absolutly great work and better as anything i ever seen made with TS.
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

@Designdevil:
Thank for your critics.
The clouds are too far away to receive a motion blur. in fact they don't move with a hight speed, it is the camera who rotates around the building. The speed of the explosion seems slow but is the size of the building that appears smaller than reality. The room at the top of the building is about 50 meters large ! it is an airport. i think when i will do a near view of the scene with more detail. You can judge better the real size of the scene...and the speed of the explosion. Also I like the idea of a piece that fly by directly to the cam. But i need before to put the centibots between the scenes and see if all is ok. I have many building to destroy. I would like to model all the city with fire and smoke.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

You could add a lot of random pieces and shards to the explosion to hide that most of the building pieces are unbroken.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Mad Mouse
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Mad Mouse »

looks great Marcel, but I do agree with Design Devil about the explosion being a little slow and the cam shake is a good idea.

Great work though.

Steve
ImageImage
...Never miss a good chance to shut the hell up...
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Yes. you are right. i can erase some frames in post production to change the speed. In this way i can create a hight speed for the first second then less speed after. I think if i do an other scene after the explosion with an object fly near the cam (thank to designDevil) to show a good motion blur, that can show an acceleration of the intensity of the action. A sound increasing intensity will be good for that. There are many adjustments to make for 2 seconds of animation. But it will be useful for the rest of the film.
I do all that and i post another test soon. :D
thank for your help! This thread started well and it motivates me again.
Last edited by marcel on 19 Jun 2009, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

I have updated the explosion (speed up and action with different view). don't show it to keep some surprise for the final part3 of BOT :mrgreen:
Here is some targets for the centibots:
Attachments
skytown.jpg
marcel
Captain

Re: Bleak Orbital Terminal - WIP Part 3

Post by marcel »

Here is a another view of skytown. In hd the windows of the buildings are better.
Attachments
skytown_new_view.zip
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 322 times
robert
Petty Officer First Class

Post by robert »

What do you mean by targets? :)
If you see a zukazamme it's probably me.

The thing about finding the truth is you first have to find who's hiding it.

Flow looks good, and it is important.

Logic, mathematics, and science let you see through the grime.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

robert wrote:What do you mean by targets? :)
These buildings will be destroyed in the same manner as in the test videos posted above (test2.zip). There is no evil in this action. it's just a machine a little disturbed. :mrgreen: (we're in a surreal world)
Nobody dies in this movie. It's just to show some absurdity which sounds like actual human actions.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

For several months I did not work on the following B.O.T.
the story may seem confusing because it still lacks important elements that appear only on the final assembly of all parties. I'll have more time to do it now. The building in the sky represented the manufacturing of the centibots. After party 1 and 2 about construction of the centibots, I made the third party that speaks of destruction. A second building will be created for a use more destructive. The first images show a cell that contains a sphere of destruction.
Attachments
base2.jpg
base1.jpg