Truespace & Blender

Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Truespace & Blender

Post by Prodigy »

:bananamouse: woho!!
HI ALL!!!! :bananadrum:

I decided to start to work in 3D (AGAIN) :lol: ..
Since the biggest problem with truespace is the 32bits limitation for large scenes few days ago i tried to work (AGAIN) with blender..

BUT! seems this time is much more robust and stable.. (and not just for extraterrestrials).. :mrgreen:

To be honest my goal is have the same TS UI or/and workflow in blender.. and this time it works quite well..
Not 100% perfect but usable for me..

For those who don't know, blender has a nice renderer called "Cycles" (Vray Alike but free) has GPU support and works fantastic with my gpu. (Nvidia gforce 960gt) so it renders much faster than CPU.. and for large scenes the 64bit version portable works very very well..

Few other comments, Cycles and Blender has proxy or instancing objects, so for large scenes that is a must..
you can copy hundred object without use much ram.. imagine to make a forest..

i'm still good modeling in truespace, so i found DAE export from Truespace to Blender import works PERFECT..
so i can still using Truespace for modeling, and Blender for Rendering.. Best of both worlds! :bananadevil:

Want to share with you guys my hotkeys..
I have some troubles with the mouse rotation (ts is far far better) but maybe can find a solution..

Hugs for all of you guys! Happy 2018 :bananacool2:
Attachments
TruespaceHotkeys.zip
(6.05 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Prodigy
Site Admin

Re: Truespace & Blender

Post by Prodigy »

BTW i tested Blenderforartists and :bananathumb:

https://www.bforartists.de/
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

There is a ts memory fix posted on forum somewhere for win 7 or above it makes ts more powerful. Not sure how that effects renders. Found it.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4310&p=42101&hilit ... fix#p42101
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Thanks Stan, i tried some time ago but in my tests it not affect vray or workspace side at all.. :bananasad:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Ahhhh! Prodigy is here. Ahhhh! Prodigy is doing CG. Ahhhh! :worship:
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

Each time I experiment an other 3d package I put in the balance the amount of tools, the ability to handle large scenes and textures, rendering speeds and the workflow efficiency.
trueSpace has its limitations but I still handle that. There is some workaround with big scenes ; for example using the Convert Glued Object to single Mesh plugin, I can manage +400Mb scenes, because it's not the amount of vertices that slow down tS but the quantity of meshes.

Blender for artists is probably the only tool that is getting close to tS. As you said, mouse navigation in the 3D space is still a brake but this may change if some trueSpacers come into Blender code to implement our awards winning navigation widget !

BTW, here is some Lightworks animation I made last year. 100% all done in tS.

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Bforartists for the win!

And glad you are dabbling in 3D again. I get so much work in 3D these days. I'm sure it will go well for you.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

To be honest my goal is have the same TS UI or/and workflow in blender..

this cought ny attentiion.... so did you mean that Blender for artists or something else??
Bfor artists is promising, but is someone actually working on replicating tS6.6 UI, GUI and logic for blender?
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Main developer of Bforartist is Tiles, a former Truespace user. He has put icons everywhere just like TS and made menu buttons similar to TS. He made it all Lclick and is trying to make Blender easy and less convoluted.

It is a different architecture and will always in depth be different... but it has its pros and cons and familiarity to a truespace philosophy. That's why I'm all on board.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

oh its his project? great. Well, i have to say its MUCH better than original Blender. Its actually usable. I dont know how much the UI can be bended, but it would require 10 Tiles to make it tS-like maybe.
Still having duplicate thongs, things i dont need displayed, mode switching seems odd to me aswell, sizing is really dumb (i mean the original size and resized size, wtf), etc. But as I said - its usable now, which is a miracle anyway. Maybe i will learn. But still, tS is unbeatable.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)