Post by jamesmc »

Exceptional and quite professional. :ugeek:
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Another Building

Post by Draise »

Looks great prodigy! Thanks for sharing your work projects with us!

I do wonder if you're going to add vegetation later though right?

Keep it up!
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Thanks to both.. yes i have to finish the background, make a good image composition, move some cars, add some small details and add some trees. now i'm woring on the interiors.. This is a non finished interior render.. i'm not good with decoration, colors etc..
test.jpg
Add doors, some flower pots and some lights on the ceiling.. find a good camera angle and keep working up to a very good level..

Thanks guys for the great comments, thanks.
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Final exterior shots.. final render rendered at 4480x2520px (about 15 mega pixels)
demo.jpg
i'll share the interiors.
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Looks great!

How will your client show this? Printed? On screen?

Trees, people, cars. Which are 3D and which are 2D? The trees look flat sometimes.

How do you do the environment (background landscape)? Is it photos from the building's future site? A site panorama? How do you match the view of the building to the view at the site?

Are the textures/colors specified in detail by your client or described generally or what?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Finis:

since i live in Uruguay an he live in switzerland i'll send through a server. (40mb each picture in png without compression) not sure what he will do with, maybe print for a magazine or to plot for a large banner on the site..

Trees, people, cars. Which are 3D and which are 2D? The trees look flat sometimes.
Trees most are 3D, i've added some 2D but on post production.
Cars 3D.
People 3D - Low polygon 3d models from Dosh, not sure if all where from dosh library.. You can find some good in turbosquid.

How do you do the environment (background landscape)? Is it photos from the building's future site? A site panorama? How do you match the view of the building to the view at the site?

Search in google.. example (Sky, garden, etc) i pick the best looking pictures in high resolution. I render in tga with alpha channel, so the render has a bluesky, in post process i change that sky for a real one.. Fit the horizon with the relative to the picture, and find a good position for clouds etc.. sometimes i mix two pictures to get a good background..

Are the textures/colors specified in detail by your client or described generally or what?

The client gave me some specifications, Colors.. in this example he told me he want a yellow color for the building. but nothing else, i pick the wood texture, but i prefer when the client it gives all the info to avoid future problems..

Thanks for your comments.
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Hi again, i like to share some good points i found with truespace in this project..

Long time ago i found a bug in vray hairs, vray seems don't release memory, so each time you render hairs the memory used by the system grows up to a level where truespace crash.. so using hairs as polygons fix that problem but make a carpet with fur will take too much memory so hair are complex to be used..

Ok, but i had to make a realistic fur carpet so i tested hairs again..

I found vray hair seems use instancing and the render time take less time than if you use polygons.. so that's great!
I tested with 3000 hairs and the render speed was fantastic, but the memory still present. but hey? i need 1 shot..

So i have to start truespace load the scene and render.. nothing else..

So here is one test using vray fur. :)
test.jpg

Also for a long time i was scratching my head trying to make in ts a scene with a good illumination.. but i always i found ts makes too dark interiors.. for that i made a custom light.. was a simple concept. .make many directional lights without casting shadows so will increase the light inside the scene.. work, but was not perfect..

In this proyect i was trying to figure how to make it without to use gama in post process.. and an idea came to mi mind.. i use for the walls white and diffuse to 1.. what if i increase the diffuse? should work!! and that's it.. the solution was in front of my face all this time.. so now i use 1.5 for all interior walls.. and yes! it does the trick!

ook just to share some experiments..
By the way i told i found a good solution for the glass bug? i think i shared in the old ts forum but can't remember.. LOL
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
pugman 1
Captain

Post by pugman 1 »

Looking mighty sweet there Prodigy.
cool if you have vray :cry:
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Hi Augusto!
There is money in that type of work! But you will soon find out that you will be struggling with time!
TS is a good piece of software and if you have time its very nice to work with! Not so though on a tight scedule! The balance between the amount of time that you spend and the money isnt there!
A program like this one makes building the house a one hour job! In conhunction with export to Sketchup you can mod the result and put it on a terrain.. where assigning textures and plant generations go automatically ie inside Vue Stream!
You can send it to Blender cycles with all the instances! Its all very simple!
https://www.bhv.de/3d-wunschhaus-archit ... imate.html
its only around 60$
But important get the newest edition that lets you export the files to Sketchup.. the old version and simple plus version is useless!