Tim Burton's Batmobil

ranger0101
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Tim Burton's Batmobil

Post by ranger0101 »

Prodigy oh my Gosh!!! Wow.. rely nice.. When I saw your wrist wach thread I knew you were good.. But this is rely slick...

Oh... It just occured to me.. he.. he.. This would make a great full fledged tutorial... I would love to be able to model ars but I just cant get a handle on the process... This would bea great way to learn and I am sure everybody around here wold rely appriciate it... I dont mean to put any pressure on you... nudge... nudge... :worship: I know you are very bussy keeping this whole site running.. And all of appriciate that very mutch.. I rely like what I've seen of this model so far..

Cheers
ranger0101
In order to Create Art... You must first learn to See...
My Website http://www.theartoftimkoons.yolasite.com
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Thanks for the comments, i really appreciate it :worship:

About the progress of the batmobile, well, i had a lot of progress on the body, but sadly after few hours working on it, i saved over the original file (Wrong move!) and as i mentioned, save using the Library is not secure.. so i lost the last scene with all the progress.. :cry:

Was very frustrating indeed, so i stop to work on it. :evil:

But i hope start to work again, do all this details again and stop to save from the library.. :twisted:

this is a shot from the model that save from a backup.
8_00019.jpg
8_00021.jpg
The "cockpit" has a slider with some logic behind that opens like the real batmobile, i'll try to make a vid from this cos looks cool :)

Thanks again for the comments, and I'll try to back to work again on it as soon as possible.
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
ranger0101
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by ranger0101 »

Oh.. Man... to quote a famouse ex US President... I feel your pain Prodigy... That feeling in your gut, that it seems only computer programs can produce, when in a split second all your hard work dissapears into non exsistance :( . I have lost more files in TrueSpace in more ways than I have files. You wouldn't think thats possible, but its true. I myself am about 50/50 on wether I ever return to the cursed project. But life goes on and the lure of creating in TrueSpace is an iresisable force that brings us back every time. Rely sory for your loss.

Cheers

ranger0101
In order to Create Art... You must first learn to See...
My Website http://www.theartoftimkoons.yolasite.com
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

I have done what you did Prodigy but I have rarely lost a file. As soon as you make the mistake, try loading the scene but choose 'all files' in the type box then look for the .bak file of the same name; it is usually the one before you saved. Might be too late now but a handy tip maybe for others....
robert
Petty Officer First Class

Post by robert »

I know if you save it as a workspace scene the old one goes to the recycle bin.

Still have quite a bit there though.
If you see a zukazamme it's probably me.

The thing about finding the truth is you first have to find who's hiding it.

Flow looks good, and it is important.

Logic, mathematics, and science let you see through the grime.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

I never knew that.. :?

Thanks for the tip Robert..
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

I use often "save as" in modelside to save my work and keep most important step of the construction. i never use the library. it is better to use his own folder. if i have a lot of texture i use the archive function to create a clean folder for the work. If you change the setting of the bridge (on/off) you can lost the scene in the model side. Always save a copy before do that. remember this to avoid to be frustated.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Yamabushi
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by Yamabushi »

woohoo! it's looking good!!
nice to see the step by step progress!