Fusing / Wedling objects

Vagabond
Petty Officer Second Class

Fusing / Wedling objects

Post by Vagabond »

hey all,

Ok I have had TS5 for a bit and sort of messed with it really basically for a little while. I downloaded TS7 and have downloaded the TS tuts from Caligari. I am completely lost in TS7 and was going to try and run though the tuts in 5. I hope this would help me to better understand TS in a familiar environment. Then I would move to TS7. So my Question on the mouse tut. I have the mouse both sides but can not figure out how to fuse / weld them. I tried object union but i get errors. Is it possible in TX5? or should i just jump into 7.

thanks
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: Fusing / Wedling objects

Post by LeonRegis »

When I downloaded TS 7.6 ten months ago I was very accustomed with 3.2 because he was very simple and 7.6 has a lot of buttons and options, I got scared, then I see some basic tutorials and play with simple things in it. I think you can start with the 7 but if you want you can make what you wish, but I started with the 7 :)

Yes we can fuse/weld then, in the model side we have the boolean union that makes that one object and the glue tool that glue but you can unglue it or move separately if you want (With the boolean union you can't move objects apart they become one solid object), in the workspace side we can encounter the boolean union too (I recommend do booleans operations at the workspace) and we can encapsulate objects, it work like the glue you just go to the Space 3D and select 2D then go in the tab artist click and hold the mouse and he will form a square select area that you expand and retract, then you expand to all objects that you want to encapsulate and then release the mouse button, apply a name and is ready. I used to use the glue tool because is very simple, but now I use more the encapsulate...

Hope you understand! Keep practicing

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: Fusing / Wedling objects

Post by LeonRegis »

Just saying... The old tuts (To TS 4 and 5) still work with the 7 because maybe he doesn't has the tools but you know the concept and adjust it on TS 7 ^^
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi