Hi Again

DesertRat
Petty Officer Third Class

Hi Again

Post by DesertRat »

As im still new ill keep posting here for about a month then ill move to other parts of the forum.
I have been doing alot of reading the last few days and getting to grips with TS.
Ill leave Blender alone until im fully confident with TS, to save confusion.

Im still having a few problems when it comes to a few tutorials. i.e

When mapping a skeleton within the centre of a mesh model like a Woman
i find that i dont need to add all the joints it happens automatic unlike the tutorial. Is that because its a loaded model or same with all models in 7.6 ?

Does the skin attach to the skeleton automaic with 7.6 or do still need to do it ?

It makes things faster but when it comes to doing joint locks, the way you
manipulate the range of movement is different in the video tutorial and that giving me a headache as i just cant work out how to do hinges and sockets correctly. Anyone got an upto date video tutorial that could help me with it or tips?

I have also go to grips with adding some texture to primatives after adding a DX9 base colour, i dont know if i need to put a base colour first but i have been.

I know how to get the UV mapping box around my selected shapes but thats as far as it goes. Anyone got any tips for UV mapping and editor ? the PDF with the software doesnt really explain the Editor in a way i understand. All i get is a box open where i can highlight smaller quads and triangles within.

I know its alot to be asking but its racking my brain,
Any help would be valued,

Many thanks Desertrat.
DesertRat

Re: Hi Again

Post by DesertRat »

Never mind about the joints problem i had i found my question was answered on the website on the guided tour video.
DesertRat

Re: Hi Again

Post by DesertRat »

Well I managed to work out my problems today and all is well in my Truespace World.