Hello Everyone.

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: Hello Everyone.

Post by LeonRegis »

http://www.blender.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go to download page...

I think it's better you learn that 7x version (7.5 or 7.6 or 7.61), if you catch any older version you would have adaptive problems to the new ones, and I think the older version of TS that isn't the 7x is 3.2 and are kinda different but have the same main structure. Don't worry about the errors I miss a lot too.

Which is your hardware configuration?

You can also improve your TS with a lot of plugins!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
DesertRat
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by DesertRat »

leonregis hey,

I have no plugins as of yet as only had the program for 1 day and i didnt want to mess the program up with plugins that i dont know about, i would prob get compatability problems as i dont know what works with TS 7.61.
If you know of any that enchance the program with no bug please feel free to post some links mate i will be happy to try them.
As for Hardware config what do you mean ?
Have i tweaked my processor and graphics card ?

Oh thanks for the Link to Blender ill check it out, Is it like TS ?
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Blender is similar, but every soft is unique I think UI of TS is better, but it's like your taste you can like more Blender than TS but first you need to use and play with them. :D

I advise you to not install plugins yet, just take a month to learn about the standard tools and then you can install some plugins, exist a lot of plugins that every TS user need to have, as primal particles and YafaRay, etc...

I just want to know your hardware settings like that
Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
Windows XP
Etc...

A lot of plugins work with 7.61. For now study and if you want chage to other soft but I like TS so much and I think is a good choice. You can see what you can do with Truespace in the Finished artwork forum, and in the image gallery of Caligari (see fast and if you want save those images until site gets shutdown).
Where u from?

Cya hope I'm helping
Just call me Leon
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Hey leon,

My pc isnt that good to be honest i built it a few years ago and for some daft reason im holding onto it but as it needs a desktop fan to keep it cool after all the tweak i done to it, im thinking that xmas i will invest in a new machine.

32 - bit vista - i do prefer xp as all the updates but until vista gets more secure ill have to keep using Encrypted Algorithms.

AMD Athlon 64 x 2 duel core processor 3800+ 2GHz
150GB RAM
Nvidea GT 8 series with onboard 1 GB RAM PCI Express

Not that good but its holding in there for a first build with a few tweaks.

What you got mate ?
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I got a
Core 2 Duo E4600
300GB HD
2GB RAM
Windows XP (I prefer)

Today you can buy a machine like that for +/- 1000 dollars
But I think that your computer support fine the Truespace.
Before I have a Pentium 3 machine and TS are just a little lagged and when I add a lot of polygons, SDS and objects it lock.

Thanks, jut a tip... don't confuse RAM memory with HD memory.
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Nice machine mate, things over in England cost abit more mate

Ive looked at building another and it will set me back

Quad Core
Raptor Drive
Terrabite HD
2 X Nvidea GTX 7900's maybe
4 GB RAM DDR 3
Water cooling

looking at about £1500

The only lagging im getting is if i SDS to Many times too fast.
Im liking the look of some of the videos from Blender but TS looks less Cartoonie
Ill prob paly about with both until my PC blows up or i get the new one :lol:
How long at average would you say does it take to get to grips with these programs if your not a complete mong ?

Tony.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

It varies of person to person, and depends of your dedication and perseverance. Any doubt see in the manual and tutorials, then Google and if you didn't see any that could help you post here. I think you can familiarize with the app in two months to two years. Just depends on you

That configuration it's amazing! Just search to see you can pay a little less, I live in Brazil so I just make I fast conversion in real(Brazilian currency) to dollars ^^

Cya
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Thanks for the chat im off the do some Blender Reading now, ill catch up with you in a few days let you know how i got on, take it easy Leon

Be safe. :bananaguitar:
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

ok

cya
Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Karthogen »

I am still split between the two. Blender vs TS.

I