Hi! I'm New Here... not to TrueSpace

lrdsatyr8
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Hi! I'm New Here... not to TrueSpace

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

Hey all... My name is Jim and I'm new around here but not to tS... been working in tS since version 2.0 and just recently discovered that it was bought out by M$ and is now being given away for free! I can't believe it! I really got into tS with version 3.0 and they released the TrueSpace Bible... god did I learn alot about modeling from that book. But then they began to release new versions 4 was good, 5 wasn't too bad, but by 6.6 I was like, what are they doing? I was glad they allowed you to use the original v5 interface in 6, but with 7 it just got completely outta hand. Alot of the icons changed, was harder to figure out how to change the interface back to something more familiar. I figured it out, but it wasn't easy. I was hoping they would just add more import/export file formats (like the ability to import .MAX or .C4D files would have been nice). Well now I'm getting back into it after a few years of being totally confused and finding out all the money I spent on the prior versions was wasted thanks to M$ giving it away for free now. Here's a few of the pics I've rendered in tS... I look forward to getting to know everyone better around here and will always share any tips I've learned.

jamesmc
Captain

Re: Hi! I'm New Here... not to TrueSpace

Post by jamesmc »

Outstanding art work! Welcome to the club of eclectic vagabonds of trueSpace and other software.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Welcome Jim! :bananacheers:
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Welcome to the family lrdsatyr8.
Some real nice work guy.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Welcome!
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

Thanks... glad to be here! I'm sure I'll be asking questions and if anyone has any for me... please feel free! :)
pugman 1
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by pugman 1 »

Hi ,and welcome.
I have one question ,Are you a profi becuase your work looks mighty sweet
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

Great to have you join us Jim! Anytime you would like to contribute feel free.

A lot of old timers are still here as well as some new ones. I would suggest one thing...
find a better news source because Caligari news is OLD! :lol:

Welcome aboard!!!!
Steinie
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

lrdsatyr8 wrote:Thanks... glad to be here! I'm sure I'll be asking questions and if anyone has any for me... please feel free! :)
No I'm not a professional... just an artist with a knack for playing on the computer. I did however have one of my art pieces highlighted on the Caligari home page a long time ago... I believe it was this one:

lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

Steinie wrote:Great to have you join us Jim! Anytime you would like to contribute feel free.

A lot of old timers are still here as well as some new ones. I would suggest one thing...
find a better news source because Caligari news is OLD! :lol:

Welcome aboard!!!!
Steinie
LOL... Yeah I kinda figured that one out on my own... guess that's what landed me here! :) Thanks for the welcome guys!