Ungroup? Grouped, did stuff, now I can't separate them...

Jill
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: Ungroup? So,... I am not certain of my tS version...

Post by Jill »

I am not certain of my tS version. I am guessing it is the 'full' but,...
I noticed a workside only and that is NOT the one I have. There is the one on Caligari and one on download.cnet.com, the file sizes are different, but supposedly they are both the full version... I got the one on the Caligari site [it was smaller and my internet has a data limit], so is there a difference, and if so what is it?

I just came across a post mentioning updates [there are updates?, I thought it wasn't being worked on any more?] that might have certain things fixed maybe including an unencap button, so my thinking is that I better be certain of my version, the 'about' says beta 7.61, and the download was clearly not the workside only, how many versions are there? [just the two I hope?]
-Jill-

Helped w/a riddle: "If one is specifically clever, and the only witness of it was an idiot, was the cleverness a wasted effort?"
The 1st clue is in the use of the word 'witness',..
The 2nd is in the fact that you conveyed it to ME. :lol:
Jill

Re: Ungroup? Grouped, did stuff, now I can't separate them...

Post by Jill »

Prodigy wrote:
Jill wrote:
Prodigy wrote:Hi and welcome.. Trueblue made a uncapsulator script.. you may try to search on the forum.. here is my version.. but i guess trueblue's is better..

welcome aboard! :bananadrum:
Thank you, I am guessing I put this in a folder in the libraries? Then do I just load it, or ?
Drag it into LE, install it and if it's all right you might have a new icon..

The workflow is this..

3 encapsulated objects.. With the arrow keys you can navigate through them.. select the one you want to Uncapsulate and then click on the new decapsulate button..

Tell me if you need more info, i can make a tutorial video if it's necessary.
Naw, that makes it apparent, thanks Prodigy!

According to a post I just read, it looks like there are updates, the post I was reading didn't clarify, do you know if they address this issue?
Do you know if the updates are just a bunch of little pieces here and there, or can they be found in a bundle?
-Jill-

Helped w/a riddle: "If one is specifically clever, and the only witness of it was an idiot, was the cleverness a wasted effort?"
Jill

Post by Jill »

I see, so the button doesn't move it out, it makes a copy to the outside, cool. Well it resolves the issue, thanks Prodigy, nice job!

It still seems odd to release a program with this kind of a function without its opposite function!

[it just occurred to me,.. I indicated my age, oops :oops: ]

[edit] Hold up, ok the 1st time I used it, it made a copy and after closing tS and restarting I just did it again and it moved it instead of copying leaving only one item in the group..? I guess I will have to try it a few times to really get how it works, but it does get the general result I want in any case.
Last edited by Jill on 11 Dec 2011, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
-Jill-

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

The unofficial update for full version by trueBlue(OMG!) :) is here:

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... f=55&t=421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Jill

Post by Jill »

clintonman wrote:The unofficial update for full version by trueBlue(OMG!) :) is here:

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... f=55&t=421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you clintonman.

Thank you all for your help.
-Jill-

Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Great! OMG! :lol:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

I'll plead the fifth! I guess I am showing my age too. :p
The Unofficial Update does include two functions for this.
1.) Unencapsulate - An unfinished (OMG) Workspace command that removes everything inside an selected Encapsulated (Grouped/Glued) object.
2.) Unglue - Simular to what Prodigy uploaded except it works on mutiple selections.
Saves, Deletes, and Loads the Selected object(s)
Just noticed that the tS6.7 (Model) Unglue command works in Workspace too if the Bridge is set to ON.
tSBridge.SuggestTSStateByAlias("UnglueButton")
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

One other tip:
After several objects have been 'Grouped' or glued together, you can access the individual objects by first selecting the group, then pressing the down arrow on the keyboard.
Pressing the right or left arrow key will then cycle thru the subobjects.
No need to Un-Group or un-glue first.

In Stack/Desktop/wire highlight set it to 'Objects'. With Object display mode set to 'Opaque+wireframe mode' it becomes much easier to see which object you actually have selected. You may also want to change the Stack/Scene/Edges color to something other than plain default white.

wire_display.jpg