As Smeagol would say...

Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

As Smeagol would say...

Post by Kurt »

Guys, there's something I can't find in the manuals, and I wants it. :mrgreen:

In a tutorial for the plugin called "Primal Particles", it says to turn the background to black, (so that a flame shows up better).

Well, I can change the background to black in the "workspace" panel. But in that panel, I can no longer see the particle emitter, and so I can't work on the effect.

Only when I work in the Model panel can I create and render to file the effect I want. But naturally it always has the greenish Workspace background.

So, how do I create effects with a black background? And how can I import a jpg into Truespace to use as a background? Or isn't it possible?

Also, what is the meaning of Life? :bananadevil:
Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: As Smeagol would say...

Post by Karthogen »

If you right click on the render button on model side, it will bring up the render options panel. One of the options in that list is for changing the background, or adding a file for a background.

you also can create a sphere to encompass the item, camera and scene, invert the faces and work within the sphere.
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Re: As Smeagol would say...

Post by Kurt »

Karthogen wrote:If you right click on the render button on model side, it will bring up the render options panel. One of the options in that list is for changing the background, or adding a file for a background.

you also can create a sphere to encompass the item, camera and scene, invert the faces and work within the sphere.
Lovely!

Invert sphere and work inside it... sounds fascinating. Like having your own little world.

Thanks, Karthogen, that's very helpful. :bananacheers: