Best Approach?

DabblingDan
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Best Approach?

Post by DabblingDan »

Hi,
Still struggling with getting my ideas, mouse, and application to work together.
Can I have some suggestions on ways to put a tunic on a mannequin like figure?
I am using 7.61 Workspace but will eventually move over to the associated model side for texturing and rendering in the lightworks that was supplied with TS. So I am willing to try to get something I like using either "side".
I have basically a "blank" figure in the traditional "T" like pose. I now need to model and attach/merge some clothing.
I appreciate any suggestions and/or examples anyone can provide me on how to proceed.
Thanks for taking the time.
Dan
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Best Approach?

Post by v3rd3 »

A lot of what you decide to do is going to depend on the final application of the model.

The most basic would be to copy your figure and then modify the geometry of the copy to include the shape of the clothing. This type of model would not be the type I would build if I wanted a lot of interaction with environment, eg wind or if I wanted to vary the state of dress, eg a blouse that slips over the shoulder.

The TS6.6 organic modelling course shows you how to model a sweater using SDS.

The only character pieces I have done are the type 1 described above... box modelled with the costume as part of the base model.

If you want to model characters with separate clothing you might consider using the free DAZ Studio to assemble the piece and animate/render it there.

Check out the south park reloaded course on the cali site ... it can be quite inspirational....

If you want the high end of inspiration for character work in the model side there may be some female characters that Marcel posted some time ago. I hope they are on this forum somewhere. I certainly remember a few from the now defunct Califorums.

I don't know if they are still around anywhere but 3D Buzz did some training videos for Gamespace that demonstrated box modelling characters. Everything they did would apply to TS6.6 or model side.

Good luck.
DabblingDan
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Best Approach?

Post by DabblingDan »

v3rd3
Thanks. I don't need anything too fancy so the copy and remodel approach is working.
Thanks again.