jamesmc
Captain

Re: MMC "A True 3D Building" ---Comments

Post by jamesmc » 13 Jan 2010, 08:05

Done I think. heh - Well submitted.
got tired of the crashes in hexagon, so just did something. :D

Microwave Station #14
WIP Post (last post) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1276&p=13314#p13314
"Justice is typically considered post-fact; as a means of reciprocity – correcting the scales to provide some equilibrium."

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie » 13 Jan 2010, 11:50

Hey thanks for joining us James!

I heard rumors that the neighbors to your model
were pigs and now their bacon!... :lol:

compPanda
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by compPanda » 20 Jan 2010, 21:16

I have to withdraw from this MMC. As you seen I haven't come up with something and I don't think I will either. :(

theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns » 26 Jan 2010, 08:57

had a nice idea for a building and started it, but just didn't have enough time to get it done, plus had a tS crash and lost have my scene :(

good work for those who made final entries, they look great! was quite surprised to see such excellent models and I know mine would not have measured up to them ;)
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.

LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milk Way/4 Dimension/Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis » 26 Jan 2010, 10:15

Same thing here Theuns... but I had enough time to finish...
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi

Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Breech Block » 27 Jan 2010, 00:06

I thought this month's MMC was a pretty terrific event all-round. Steinie, I thought the concept of producing a scene on a stand/box was very smart as it negated the need to fill the view to the horizon, which can be very time consuming in these type of challenges. I also thought that the entries were of a particularly high-standard and really enjoyed reading all the WIPs. Only wish I had managed to find the time to enter myself this month. Back on the other forum, when it came to voting for these challenges, I always wished I had more than one vote. Now I have three. However, with such fantastic entries this month, it isn't going to make the decision making any easier. Congrats to those who participated and the very best of luck to you all with the poll.

Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye » 29 Jan 2010, 01:48

Very nice work folks. Good luck to all that entered.

Sorry to read about the crashing jamesmc. But it is duly noted about Hexagon. Since I've heard this problem a few times before, I have X-ed Hexagon off my list. The idea is to add a Stable new program to my toolset, not some of the same (just a thought: maybe it was due to the polys not being worked out so they have no more than 4 points? Maybe it don't like Ngons?)

Yes, nice idea Steinie about placing it on a stand. Helps concentrate on the subject for the viewer, and the artist.

And just for the record, I Never vote on my own entry in any contest I've entered even when there IS a real prize (and I don't look at the voting before I vote). Sort of misses the point I think of 'being judged by your peers', and winning because I 'earned' it.

jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc » 29 Jan 2010, 02:02

Well, working on LIGHTWAVE3D now, because it is a full suite of everything 3D.

I should be done with my study of it in about 10 years. :D
"Justice is typically considered post-fact; as a means of reciprocity – correcting the scales to provide some equilibrium."

tahnoak
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by tahnoak » 30 Jan 2010, 10:09

Great job everyone. I know I disappeared off the face of the earth for a while. Work travel and 4 kids will do that to you :)

I am traveling again and I still have 4 kids but things have quieted down. Looking forward to getting back to "work" with you all.

Great idea for the challenge Steinie. Best of luck to everyone.

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie » 30 Jan 2010, 15:00

JamesMc,
Please start another thread sometime and give us your thoughts about LightWave. (Heresy or ambidextrous...using more
then one application at a time?...Peter read and agree after me...hahahaha)
I'll ask my questions there.

Dragneye,Theuns, SpyFrog, and Breech Block I know we are all busy at different times of the year but I do hope you
join us again in a future Challenge.

This was one of the harder Challenges to vote for because all the entries are so darn good. I had a lot of fun with this one and I
really appreciate and respect the other Artist who joined me. The rest of you Boooooooo. :lol: