SMC #65: Container - Comments

Speed Model Challenge Thread.
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

SMC #65: Container - Comments

Post by Breech Block »

Please keep the main SMC thread tidy and place any comments you have regarding SMC # 65 here.
jamesmc
Captain

Re: SMC #65: Container - Comments

Post by jamesmc »

Looks to be challenging!

Taking a little longer than usual on this one as my MOI evaluation copy is about to expire and I'm doing this SMC in that. heh
Walk by faith, not by sight.
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Hah! I'm doing a chest too, but mine is a bit of steam-punked steamliner chest, if I can figure out how I want it and texture it. :shock:

Work, thus far - I'm slow MOI, cause I don't know it. :(

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

I was going to do a chest, maybe, if I have any time. With competition like BB and James I'll try something else. Maybe a box with the styrofoam padding that's made for the item. I used to use those for buildings for plastic army men.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Breech Block

Post by Breech Block »

jamesmc - WOW! Looks terrific, James. can't wait to see that all rendered out.

Finis - If there is a decent response to this weeks SMC, then as host, I will not bother entering my Pirate's Toy Chest. So please feel free to enter some form of chest if that's what your original idea is. BTW, while your here, could you please do me a favour and check out your posts on the SMC Winners Gallery. Dunno if it is just me, but I can't see Numbers 59 and 62 (the bottle and the plane), just an icon/placeholder. Cheers.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Breech, #59 and #62 should be viewable now.
JamesMc great job with the chest! Actually everyone's model so far looks great.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

jamesmc wrote:Hah! I'm doing a chest too, but mine is a bit of steam-punked steamliner chest, if I can figure out how I want it and texture it. :shock:

Work, thus far - I'm slow MOI, cause I don't know it. :(

James for somone who doesnt know it your pretty good at using it !
Cool model for a first in Moi !
If you need any information just ask !
Here are some very good tutorials and there is also a trial version that does not stop
but doesnt save....
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/tutorials.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/files/catego ... tutorials/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

RAYMAN wrote: James for somone who doesnt know it your pretty good at using it !
Cool model for a first in Moi !
If you need any information just ask !
Here are some very good tutorials and there is also a trial version that does not stop
but doesnt save....
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/tutorials.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/files/catego ... tutorials/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter
Thanks!
It may well be my next purchase. I really like the way it handles booleans and has a pretty intuitive interface. MOI overall has a very nice tool set and a very good price.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

The author is a great guy and I love the interface. I think MOI was first mentioned on the Caligari
Boards and when Peter raved about it I had to try it. Another thing I like is that it can run off a thumb drive.
Know what I do on lunch time at work? :bananadevil:
Breech Block

Post by Breech Block »

Apologies to all concerned regarding my lack of presence during the current SMC. As host, I usually like to post comments/encouragement/thanks whenever a person makes the effort to submit an entry. However, over the last 6 -7 days my PC has managed to chew its way through 2 x graphic cards and a Power Supply Unit. Ouch. So before my credit card company sends someone over to repossess all my spanky new kit, I have quickly set up the poll for the SMC. Just 3 days to cast your votes I'm afraid and that's so as the next host can start things rolling sometime over the weekend.