darkmage - Agricola
No votes

Total votes: 12

Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

SMC #62: Bottles -- VOTE NOW!

Post by Prodigy »

Again, Thanks for participate and congratulations to all!
Many and quality entries this month..

Okey! Please cast your vote now!
Good luck to you all!!!

5 DAYS ONLY!!!
check entries here!
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
ranger0101
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: SMC #62: Bottles -- VOTE NOW!

Post by ranger0101 »

Mr. Prodigy Sir.... Where is your entry Sir ?

I do not see it in the list ?
It is an excellent model and render..

Just curious as to why you abstained ?

Cheers !!!

Tim Koons
In order to Create Art... You must first learn to See...
My Website http://www.theartoftimkoons.yolasite.com
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Hello Tim.

It's just a personal decision. also was a time were i decided to enter but that my entries were not selected as valid entries..
Is good to give space others... is all about motivation..

That's all.. hope you understand my explanation.. :)
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
ranger0101
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by ranger0101 »

Dear Prodigy,

OK.. Now you rely have my curiosity going..
Not about why you didn't enter this judging.. As you say
that is a personal decision and I respect that..

But why were some of your past entry's ruled invalid?
I would like to know so I don't make the same mistake..
That is if indeed you made any mistakes..

Could it be that your entry's were just to much better than
everybody else..
I hope that is not the case.. This is a challenge after all..
Going up against the best is what its all about..

Well.. I didn't mean to cause you any grief.. Just curious.
Perhaps we will cross swords next time?

Cheers !!!
Tim Koons
In order to Create Art... You must first learn to See...
My Website http://www.theartoftimkoons.yolasite.com
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

ranger0101 wrote:But why were some of your past entry's ruled invalid?
Hi Ranger0101,

Prodigy's entries weren't ruled invalid. He voluntarily withdrew from SMC polls because his "entry's were just to much better than
everybody else". Prodigy had an SMC dynasty where he was seldom defeated. (He was, hopefully is, a 3D professional.) So, to help increase motivation he decided his entries were unofficial non-poll entries so others could win.

I agree with you "This is a challenge after all ... Going up against the best is what its all about." I never had a problem with Prodigy winning a lot since his skills merited it. But this is for fun and he does have a good point about motivation.

If I won all the time I'd get tired of running all those SMCs and want to see someone else's ideas for subjects.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

maybe I should participate sometimes... iam playing games too much recently :D so i dont have time. Maybe nextime i can challange Prodigy ;D Truth is that mostly the the contest does not have too high level. Sotimes we can see very nice pics, but sometimes it looks veeeery average to poor. Question is if we should let less experienced contestors compete against each other or make the contest level higher a bit with more profesional renders. There are some ppl that are very capable profesionals.
I also wanted to give my vote to Prodigy as other`s glass material look very poor usually due to lack of reflections, useage of HDRi which gives glass very nice look and quality textures of surroundings and scene itsself. Now i dont want to vote for anyone else, coz i dont really like other entries enough to give my vote, this time.

Sorry for my straightforward words. Its the way I talk, everytime honest straight, incl. negative stuff.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

bitkar wrote:maybe I should participate sometimes... iam playing games too much recently :D so i dont have time. Maybe nextime i can challange Prodigy ;D Truth is that mostly the the contest does not have too high level. Sotimes we can see very nice pics, but sometimes it looks veeeery average to poor. Question is if we should let less experienced contestors compete against each other or make the contest level higher a bit with more profesional renders. There are some ppl that are very capable profesionals.
I also wanted to give my vote to Prodigy as other`s glass material look very poor usually due to lack of reflections, useage of HDRi which gives glass very nice look and quality textures of surroundings and scene itsself. Now i dont want to vote for anyone else, coz i dont really like other entries enough to give my vote, this time.

Sorry for my straightforward words. Its the way I talk, everytime honest straight, incl. negative stuff.
I too am a straight shooter and your opinion on the quality of entries isn't worth much if all you want to do is play games all day. If you entered yourself I would value your opinion.
This is no way meant to be taken personally but instead an observation on what your implying.
If the quality level of entries (in your opinion) aren't high enough then why talk about it if you've done nothing to change it yourself.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

you are right... as I wrote it in the begining of my article, i know about it. I was thinking about joining recently, but I just got home too tired or had no time to do so. I will try to change it and take part next time ;)

btw: its not that i dont apreciate that ppl dare to enter the contest. Ppl should enter when they want to, no matter their experiences. Question that i dont know an answer is whether to exclude profi work fromt the contest (prodigy) - if its wise and good for the contest.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Seems to me that it has always been this way. The person that wins gets to choose the next theme and is excluded from the vote, nevertheless can submit entries as an inspiration or example. This way everybody gets a chance to win. In my opinion or atleast the way I have always voted (have not missed one) is the MODELING and not how it was RENDERED.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Hi guys..

Thanks Finis, that is what is all about.. Motivation and Have fun with some good friends..
I try to get better and better every SMC, since most of the time i do things i never imagine.. so that's also for me motivation.. Do random models from random topics.. that's part of the fun..

Hope you get the point 8-)

Seeya next SMC
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑