3D Buzz Video Training Modules

Start here all your Truespace Model Side Tutorials
(Model side also include Truespace 6.6 and below)
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

3D Buzz Video Training Modules

Post by trueBlue »

The guys from 3D Buzz give you an introductory lesson on using gameSpace, as they take you through the steps involved in creating a character and getting it up and running in Quake III Arena. Starting with a cube, they model the character from scratch, then show how to use the export functionality of gameSpace to get your character into the game.
The second in the series of Video Training Modules from 3D Buzz takes you to the next step in creating a model for use in a game, as they show you how to add a skeleton to the elf, and then to use that to create some animations for the character.

http://web.archive.org/web/200601140538 ... 3DBuzz.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note: Even though gameSpace was used as the authoring enviroment, tS6.6 or tS7/Model would work equally well. I highly recomend these tutorials. Download them quick as they may be removed any day soon. I suppose using tS7/Workspace would be ideal as well once you learned the basics.

EDIT: Clinton has posted the tutorial here:
http://www.clintons3d.com/tutorials/gs3 ... espace.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: 3D Buzz Video Training Modules

Post by RAYMAN »

Cant download it it says that there is no more link to the site... :(
DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by DesignDevil »

I got the complete series. I also checked the link - and i can not download it there.

But i want to say that he use the tS (gS) internal bone system and this is (in my eyes) rubbish. So the tutorials are just useful for creating a character himself. Never the less they are cool to watch and good made. I would upload it but i don't know if this will be allowed - we had to ask 3DBuzz (i think they are still alive).
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
Greenthunder
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by Greenthunder »

This is a pretty good tutorial, especially for a newby like me :shock:
I did it in the Workspace side:

Didn't turn out too bad, if I say so myself ;)

Next I will try rigging with Workspace bones.

Jeff
DabblingDan
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by DabblingDan »

I also can not download them all. Got 1 chapter to wet my whistle however. I hope they can be made available - I am extremely interested.
-D-
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

DesignDevil wrote:I got the complete series. I also checked the link - and i can not download it there.

But i want to say that he use the tS (gS) internal bone system and this is (in my eyes) rubbish. So the tutorials are just useful for creating a character himself. Never the less they are cool to watch and good made. I would upload it but i don't know if this will be allowed - we had to ask 3DBuzz (i think they are still alive).
Sorry for not checking the links more throughly as I only selected the first one. I do notice that the resource file is active. I also notice that these files are located from within the Caligari/GameSpace site and not 3D Buzz. Sooooo I think that if you wanted to post these files, which would be great, you would need to contact Roman and get permission. I would think he would be okay with it. This tutorial would be great for new users of trueSpace and I hope that they can be brought forward. I agree about the legacy bone system but I do wonder if Motion Studio would help in this regard.
DesignDevil

Post by DesignDevil »

you would need to contact Roman and get permission
well, i try'd this weeks ago (for other reasons) without effort. You can try it - i give'd up for this. Roman can be a nice guy with lots of ideas in mind and gives us a great, instable but loveable program on hand. His e-mail reply reaction indeed is "not really positive". ;)
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

3D Buzz Video Training Modules are now here:

http://www.clintons3d.com/tutorials/gs3 ... espace.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

this is great. these video's helped me so much.i do all of my low poly characters this way.
i'm glad buzz let clinton post them on his site. they are worth the download :bananathumb:

p.s.
the link to the intro video seems to be broken. just thought i'd let you know.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

seppgirty wrote:...

p.s.
the link to the intro video seems to be broken. just thought i'd let you know.
Thanks, it's fixed now.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com