IKHandel Videos on youtube

Start here all your tutorials for Truespace Worskpace Side.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

IKHandel Videos on youtube

Post by clintonman »

I created a you tube play list of IKHandel's rigging videos. The first 4 link to files he originally uploaded and the rest are from downloads and are better quality. It's a total of 16 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCo89dc ... m3zvqz49r7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Draise
Captain

Re: IKHandel Videos on youtube

Post by Draise »

Wow, these are great. Thanks! Watching them now, handy.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Cool, Clinton!
Thanks for sharing! :bananacheers:
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I remember when he first posted these way back when. Didn't he get discouraged about bugs in the skeleton code?

Thank you so much for posting these excellent tutorials!
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I have no idea, but yeah, there are a lot of loopholes in the skeleton and I can see why he'd be all.. discouraged with it being discontinued... but for some bugs I know of: like scaling or moving any full-constraint blows up the rig - placing bones without joints crashes TS with heavy use - popping joints if you don't know what you are doing - translation and rotation on joint at the same time causing skin errors - having to freeze the skin and rig BEFORE doing skinning (VERY IMPORTANT) - etc.

I have know few of them from my tests and trials. But I do see it to be phenomenally easier and more efficient to rig than most software I know. I have yet to do a full animation with something fully rigged, but I've had some fun. The only hard part is the weighting, cause you can have multiple bones have influence over a weight - it's not always 30%-60% weight over a vertex (unless you heal), as in Softimage. But that's ok as that can give me multiple bones to a single patch of skin, for different functions - potentially good for facial rigs or other things.

These videos have helped me open up some eyes on what I can do with it.

Now I only need to somehow create a script that can read the matrix value of a joint and feed it to a morph shape with linear or bezier interpolation - with Javascript (I tried with the LE, but expanding the matrix of a joint makes it unmoveable with dynapose) - then I could create some muscles/corrective shapes like a charm - or even squash and stretch controls.

How would one do that?