Simple Animated Fan

Start here all your tutorials for Truespace Worskpace Side.
davidjohnson
Petty Officer Third Class

Re: Simple Animated Fan

Post by davidjohnson »

Thank you I am going to try this. I don't think I will model the propeller at this point, but I am going to make the blurring image of it turning, texture it to a plane in TS and see if that works with what I am doing.
davidjohnson

Post by davidjohnson »

I did a pretty good job and I took the propeller into my NLE, spun it and blurred it even more so now it looks pretty realistic (well, somewhat). My questions is, how should I render this out as an AVI (uncompressed? image sequence, mov?) so that I keep the transparency AND I can use it as an animated texture in TS 6.6?
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

In 6.6.... mmmm.. i should animate the plane.. just rotate it.. maybe other modelside user can bring some light here.. :idea:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
davidjohnson

Post by davidjohnson »

Wow, it really looks great. I took the original propeller from the b-52 3d model and used your techniques (but in photoshop) with the radial blur. After, I took the image into my NLE, rotated it and then layered it with a few different layers in different positions until I got it right and wow, it does look like real rotating propellers even though it is just an animated texture. Thanks Prodigy!