A beginners Journey into trueSpace7.61 beta 8 Standalone

Start here all your tutorials for Truespace Worskpace Side.
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

A beginners Journey into trueSpace7.61 beta 8 Standalone

Post by Draise »

Hi guys!

It seems this forum is small and resources for trueSpace 7.61 are hard to come by. I see immense potential in the program and it's realtime renderengine and shaders and collaborative features. I think it can revolutionize a lot of things, including the way we produce professional products on limited timeframes. I hope to exploit this program to the most, and maybe one day, once I become rich and famous, embark in further developing it. But for now, I'd just love to learn it and trial test it for a small production of mine.

So, as a young 3D artist who love trueSpace and who's learnt the basics of 3D on it's old software, I'd love to document and develop tutorials and content for the trueSpace community and put it to the test. I can't say it will be fast progress, but with a full feature product in mind, I am sure it may bring back the old history of the "rosetta" stone and it's secrets it beholds!

So, here is my Blog! http://ts761beta8std-tutorials.tumblr.com/!

I'd love to have your input, and I'll be dedicating some time in making tutorials for plugins, how to update the programs, tricks and tips, code, anything.

Once I get the hang of this program, I'm sure doors will open with trueSpace here in Colombia, or within other things. I just hope this program is stable enough to relly on with a large project. =)

Thanks again!

Be ready for my first tutorial!
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: A beginners Journey into trueSpace7.61 beta 8 Standalone

Post by Steinie »

I like your enthusiasm Draise.
How long have you been using trueSpace? We get a lot of people who come and go using trueSpace. So there really is a lot of older resources out there if you know where to look.
Check out my links if you have the time.

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... wrapheader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is always nice to see new energy come to this Forum.
Welcome to U3DA!
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Thanks!

Yeah.. I've used it like 3 or 4 years, then went traveling for a few years and now only recently have been going back into it, sad to hear to got left half developed =P.

And thanks for the links, will be scouring them with time! =)
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Draise wrote:Thanks!

Yeah.. I've used it like 3 or 4 years, then went traveling for a few years and now only recently have been going back into it, sad to hear to got left half developed =P.

And thanks for the links, will be scouring them with time! =)
Truespace, has untapped potential that Microsoft should take advantage of for it's 3D software products and video game applications. A proprietary copy should be included as an support product on every software release that supports 3D applications. I never ever plan to stop using Caligari modeling software as the product is so damn useful for all of my modeling needs.
Your welcome to join my modeling forum and post some modeling tutorials from your perspective. Long live Truespace and all who adore this under rated software :bananalove: gem. :bananacheers:
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Lol, yeah I think I will join the forum. I dunno why I like this program. It's like a relic I found and want to use a lot. =)
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Draise wrote:Lol, yeah I think I will join the forum. I dunno why I like this program. It's like a relic I found and want to use a lot. =)
My thoughts exactly. When I first encountered another Caligari product called Gamespace Lite I didn't quite know what to make of it until I started using it and soon realized damn this modeling software makes other products like MAX look rediculuosly complicated and realized that a person would have to be an absolute idiot to not make models very easily with Caligari products. Anyways, the sorted love affair began long ago and is still going hot and heavy...LOL. Seriously, Caligari modeling software is intensely under rated by the 3D modeling world in general and quite possibly the best kept secret on planet earth. :worship:
Tommy
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tommy »

I have worked with Blender for a while and I miss the intuitive interface of TS.

Among Blender users there discussion about the complexity of the Blenders interface.

http://billrey.blogspot.com/2011/10/cle ... er-ui.html

A discussion that I think isn't required for TS.
Last edited by Tommy on 29 Oct 2011, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
"Carpe diem"
Tommy
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tommy »

Draise! I forgot to: Welcome you to our forum!
"Carpe diem"
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I have downloaded a small number of tutorials, and I have reuploaded them to Mediafire.

For starters, I introduce you a trueSpace to Vue pipeline tutorial!

Vue course Index - 45KB
Vue Resource Files - 4.8MB
Vue Course - 96.5MB