Czech hikes and adventures

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Czech hikes and adventures

Post by Finis »

Excellent! The photos are interesting. Cant' see fakebook. Is that beer in that can? So y'all played the part of Czech soldiers or resistance fighters vs. nazis? What encounters with the enemy did you have? Check points?

Um, you still have that fake ID? Is a passport included? Uh, um, how much bitcoin for that? Need to know the language to be convincing ... never mind.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that can is some energy drink. Fake document was something like a passport with a little card that was a travel permit.

Well, the original story is:
Its WW2. Czechoslovakia (rather czecho-moravian protectorate) is ocupied by nazis. There is resistance amongs the czech citizens who help to fight against nazis. Czech government fled to exile to UK. Czechs there join royal army as pilots (to defend britain against nazi attack) and paratroopers mainly to fight back. Paratroopers are trained as a special forces to be inserted back to CS to do all kinds of stuff (recon, information, sabotages, etc.). Resistance helps paratroopers - cover them, gives them accomodation, food, etc.

This march i atended was related mostly to operation codename Tungsten. Two paratroopers were supposed to be dropped near New Town in Moravia. But due to navigational erros, they were in fact dropped about 80 km by air far away from the drop zone. It was winter, almost xmas. It took them few days thru forests to get to their contact and evade all the nazis. Their side mission is to deliver crystal to another para group for their radio. They should contact somebody to live there and for the support. Main mission of Tungsten is to support other paratroopers and drops or material - to navigate the planes using radio beacon etc. And also orginaise some ppl to leave CS to GB. They had been doing it till the end of the war successfully. This was the real deal. The photo with candles is actually at the place they went.

In this march we are more or less replicating that as a tribute to all those guys. We were the paratroopers, contacting resistance and finding our way. We began with briefing from british officer, then "jumped" from a "plane" and went to that place. We had to contact resistance fighters to find our way there. We got clues like "map hidden in newspaper" or another contact name in another village, place written on a Cocacola bottle,... We got 2 pair of fake documents "made by british inteligence" for us and one more fake documents that were blank. Our mission was to deliver the blank documents to a guy in the target village.
We went thru checkpoint once. Normally you would show your fake IDs. But we managed to use crowds and slip thru. They must not find the blank IDs and a map we were given (those who failed with the map did some additional excersice). In one place - a pub - we just left it for next destination and we saw nazis on the road going there to raid the place. That was close ;) And there was one more checkpoint (big one) with a tent and such (and a dead body :D). We went there with our fake IDs, went thru and actually got a ride on a military truck to the finish with the meal (guláš) and beer and get our prices (mug, tshirt, etc.). But profesional soldiers that have S.E.R.E. certification were selected for interogation (and when they found a knife with english writings, they were in trouble-those pics are on fakebook).
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ok, its the season again - everything is green. Altough there was tons of pollen in the air which was not great for my alergies. I was walking for few minutes and I could see tons of green dots on my camera. It was really everywhere in big amount.

But I had a smaller hike... almost 20 km:
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16521278539268

enjoy the photos from the DSLR.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

The sky! Everything is green. Beautiful!

What is at the sign that says "povest o kameni"? What is the pretzel like thing in img_0024? You can drink the water at U Curacku?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Pověst o kameni = Legend about a stone. That big stone overthere is called Sharp Stone or Devil's stone. The legend tells that the stone was in the way annoying a farmer. One day during a storm, the farmer wished that a devil should take the stone. Well devil listened and wanted a sould for that. It was agreed (it should be done before sunday church ends) and devil took the stone, but it fell where it is. So the devil failed, because he was late and the sould was spared even tho the stone was gone from the farm. :D old stupid tale :)
I dont know what that thing is, propably it was part of the stone scene. We can play "what it is" :D but i really dont know.

Yes, the water is drinkable. There were two streams, both were good.

Btw the whole place has a rediculous names for today's standards. Kokotsko - the name of the area. Kokot means a dick :D (and its a bad word you dont normally say) And čůráček - little dick (čůrák = dick) all very dirty words in present time :D čůrák comes from word čůrat = to piss. Well čůraček may refer to a weak water stream too, so its not a bad word really, but it can be used as it too. End of Czech language lesson :D
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

some new small hike day...

1. Czech little desert with one dune :)
2. hike thru some forrest, nothing special

http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16532459165251
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Why is the desert a desert? I like the close up sand photos.

What is the structure in img_0092? Where does it go?
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Nice!
I do not see any spice :ugeek:
color.png
color.png (8.57 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

well, its not really a desert, its just a sand dune, but it can be called a small desert, why not? :) deserts dont have to be large, no? Is there a sand? yes, is there a dune? yes :) so its a desert ;)

the structure is a water spring. But its kind of dry these days so it doesnt really flow from there. But there was some water.

trueBlue: ya, its too small, all have been harvested and now the worm is pissed ;D
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

so... today I was in the aircraft museum. I forgot how big it is... I have over 300 photos :D stay tuned.
Michal aka bitkar