Czech hikes and adventures

A place where have some extra fun..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Czech hikes and adventures

Post by bitkar »

well... it was not as long as i thought. Weather was against, so i decided to go back home after one night there. One more reason was that a new tarp I bought was not really good. It become wet even before I finished making a shelter. I confirmed that testing it at home.
But for a while it was very very nice place to be. It was not cold, even night was fairly warm, place was really calm and silent. All i heard was rain and crickets and deers making noise in the distance, saw a curious sqirrel in the morning. But weather was not about to get better. So I decided to go back to car and drive home. It seems like every my vacation is wet. This year/summer has been very rainy indeed.

Here are some pictures from those two short days:
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16319045573469

check out the description for information
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Wonderful scenery and good photos. Wish you could have stayed as long as planned. I'll bet the symbols on that cross were carved later. Graffiti. The all seeing eye, eye of Horus, norse runes spelling 'omak', and the X, hmmm wonder what that is.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Interesting to see the pix of Flaje!
Im more the communal type person though..and Karlsbad is more of my liking.. but then now in the meanwhile all my friends here know of my disturbed relationship to water coming in masses from the clouds..!🤣
Last edited by RAYMAN on 17 Sep 2021, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

this weekend was maybe one of the last "summer days". It was very pleasant temperature and even at night it was nicely warm. I had this little 23 km (14 miles) trip with my friend. I regret two things - not taking sleeping bags, coz it would have been a great night to spend there and not taking DSLR, coz i needed something advanced for the night photography, which i tried with a mobile phone.
but here is few pics. Its in the North Bohemia, not directly mountains, but still pretty nice. We started late and it took some time to get there. So we finished it at about 22h. Stars looked good as there was almost none "light smog".

http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16326074687664
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

this weekend i will go on another hike (at least 30 km is planned) as i need to train more for 70 km hike i will attend 13th-14th November.
Czech army (airborn regiment) does it as a memorial to paratroopers from WW2. I will have to walk 70 km carrying food and water in a time of 20 h. So we need to walk alot and train our legs :) wish us luck (its a two member team and both of us need to reach the destination). Ofc part of that hike will be at night. There will be some reenactors like a nazi checkpoint and such :) I think its gonna be a great atmosphere there.
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

OK, got 30 km for a training. The terrain was pretty difficult and challanging sometimes. Was suprisingly hard. Way to go...
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16338852969766
Michal aka bitkar
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

If you ever plan a walk south of Praha give me a heads up! Its only 3 hours from Vienna..! Please a wee bit in advance so that Im not back in Paris! Im sort of both in your backyard.. and Marcels!😁
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

I would like to visit Austria for some via ferata. I would let you know. Next warm season. I dont want to climb somewhere in the mountains when its cold.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

It is worth the long hike to see that beautiful scenery. I like the houses in pics 2485 and 2486 and the cave photos.Only 70km (43.5mi), come on, can't you do something challenging? :D

Good photos. (Spacekdet, you must compete. Need camping pix.)
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker