need computer help.

A place where have some extra fun..
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: need computer help.

Post by seppgirty »

@bitkar

thanks for the suggestions. A lot to look into there.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

A little update on my project.

I got the sata transfer cable and put it to good use. I pulled the hard drive out and got all the photo's and video's off. I tried to hook the SSD to my other computer like i did the hard drive but it said i didn't have permission to open it.

The day before i unplugged both drives and pulled the ram to see if that would help. Well..... Ummm.... now i have a blue screen and black screen of death. :shock: :oops: When i turn the computer on the screen is black and it turns off and on in a cycle.... lol

Do you think i need a new SSd? Do you think i will listen to people that actually know what they are talking about?

thanks for reading guys.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Mr. Girty, it is time to take your computer(s) to a repair professional. At this point an in person, hands on, examination is needed.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Hey to be fair I never said I knew what I was talking about!

I do know that it took quite a lot of pressure to get the RAM reseated and snap the locking tabs back on. Like, 'ow my fingers' kind of pressure.

SATA plug sockets on the motherboard were also numbered (boot order?) and weird things happened here when I plugged drives back in 'not in order'.
What happens when you re-attach the drive you've disconnected?
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

Mr. Girty, it is time to take your computer(s) to a repair professional. At this point an in person, hands on, examination is needed.
LOL that's what my wife said. ...... and i will most likely do that when the World is not on lock down.
For the record though... I have fixed many of my computers over the years. I've replaced hard drives , Ram, graphic cards. Fixed virus.... This is just my first Blue and black screen of death.
Hey to be fair I never said I knew what I was talking about!
:bananacheers:
SATA plug sockets on the motherboard were also numbered (boot order?) and weird things happened here when I plugged drives back in 'not in order'.
I'll look into that. I've never had 2 hard drives in one computer so i didn't know that was a thing. I did not pull wires off of the mother board. Just from the drives themselves.
What happens when you re-attach the drive you've disconnected?
One of the first things i did to my computer was unplug the hard drives and ram. that's how i got the black screen.

I'm going to order another ssd and see what happens with that. I'll keep yenz posted with my highs and my lows. :bananatyping:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Seppgirty I meant nothing negative about you or your compu-skills. It is that the number of possible causes is large enough that diagnosis by a hands on technician would be much more effective than remote advice. Good point about quarantine.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

@Seppgirty I meant nothing negative about you or your compu-skills.
No no. please don't think that i was offended by what you said. you are giving me sound advice. All of you are trying to help me and i appreciate all of you. :bananalove: See, loving banana. :lol: