COVID-19

A place where have some extra fun..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: COVID-19

Post by bitkar »

How Czech Republic deals with it... This is not a miracle, but it can help a bit and every means you can use to stop it or slow it down are worth it.

Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Edit:
Hmm, checked on South Korea and it has obviously been very effective. But ... I can commend several things about their methods such as acting early and focusing on identifying and isolating the infected and exposed and protecting the vulnerable while not destroying their economy with panic policies. Their error now is escalating that to near police state level and implementing some incorrect policies even though the original actions were already effective so there was no need for that.

Original Post:
South Korea handled this right. No on else did.
Last edited by Finis on 01 Apr 2020, 18:14, edited 5 times in total.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I'll be right back.
Going to check on zillow.com for listings in Madagascar.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Finis wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 15:05 Edit:
Hmm, checked on South Korea and it has obviously been very effective. But ... I can commend several things about their methods such as acting early and focusing on identifying and isolating the infected and exposed and protecting the vulnerable while not destroying their economy with panic policies. Their error now is escalating that to near police state level and implementing some incorrect policies even though the original actions were already effective so there was no need for that.

Original Post:
South Korea handled this right. No on else did.
You seem to underestimate that thing... Those harsh countermeasures have its reason. Iam quite allergic to word "panic", its not panic, its reasonable.
Michal aka bitkar
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Well Im in helping fight the virus and we dont panik!
We just need to get the next weeks sorted..and start working again! The faster we get the numbers down..the faster we can restart economy!😏
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Michal aka bitkar
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

This virus spreads a lot faster and more pervasively than any other flu we have seen, including SARS-1. A great many of the survivors are left with permanent lung damage that you do not see with other infections. The virus grows in your lungs by killing off the cilia that absorb oxygen. Even mild cases can be extremely damaging.

The elderly and people with chronic conditions are more likely to suffer the most lasting problems if they survive. The victims of the most severe effects here include children, teenagers, athletes and health care workers.

The need to manage your exposure to this disease will not end until a vaccine is developed and the vast majority of the population on our planet has been vaccinated.

Take this shit seriously. If you don't follow the protocols and don't get sick yourself you can infect a lot of people without knowing it. You may not show symptoms for up to 2 weeks after you start carrying the virus.

Stay safe. Stay the fuck at home.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

RAYMAN wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 21:57 Well Im in helping fight the virus and we dont panik!
We just need to get the next weeks sorted..and start working again! The faster we get the numbers down..the faster we can restart economy!😏
Yup... stay home, and wash your hands!!!! :bananacool2:
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

Hi everyone! I live in New Jersey and if anyone wants to visit you can get here fast!
No traffic.

This is a Drone shot of the area that takes me to work. Same bridge, same streets, but looks a little different now...
Thank goodness I work from home now.
I am sure your cities and places you live in look like this now.