3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Dragneye »

Um Steinie, how good a beer drinker are ya? There may have to be limits at some point.

Hey v3, nice to see ya again. Settling in makes the 'moving' part wash away :) Enjoy.

It's all good. Life, or the Dao if you will, works like this, and that, lol. We just keep strokin'.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Sorry about your troubles Dragneye. Chose to become stronger, to learn, to grow from each blessing and each trouble. Choose to fill spaces that open in life with good things or to keep the space.
Last edited by Finis on 13 Nov 2014, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

November 11 Veterans Day

Thank you vets and all who serve now.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Thank a vet, get him a beer.

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I did!

Dragneye, my Dad is 98 years old and nothing is better then sharing a beer. It is the fountain of youth!!! :bananacheers:
Attachments
Dad_Beer.jpg
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Hi Steinie's Dad!

I have a terrible cold. It hit like a hammer. At least I have little work to do so that's not a problem.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Finis... thank You for the effort and kind words. I am an optimist by inclination and a realist by default. But my saving grace... creating.
It's inspiration, medicine... and the best venting method I can think of. Just have to ... do.
(I've been in battle/survival mode for so long that its taking a while to get my head back straight. My creativity has been destroyed. I am still in the dark tunnel but at least now [as of beginning of month] I can see light. And That... is all I need. All that's left is to get to that exit. Then the book (in some form/medium), the website, the business can all come to fruition. lol... that's why patience is a Virtue and not just another acquired trait)

Steinie, that's Awesome! How much he has seen and experienced. Just awesome.
Cheers to the Steinie boys! :bananacheers:

PS: I just noticed. - Question: I'm just a petty officer but speaking abt rank, a captain is higher than a commander??
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Dragneye, the forum ranks, given according to number of posts, are those of the US Navy with the exception that the forum assigns "Marine" as the beginning rank. The Navy has a bewildering system of rates and ratings (enlisted) and ranks (officers). Here is a chart http://www.navy.com/inside/uniforms.html (scroll down some). Links from here, http://www.navy.mil/navydata/ranks/rankrate.html, give details.
Last edited by Finis on 25 Nov 2014, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Gotcha. Learn something new every day :)
Thanks Finis
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Well I learned something new today. I learned that fingers and hedge trimmers and lack of caution is not a good combination. I was doing some one handed trimming to reach part of a bush and didn't pay attention to my left hand's position ... which soon brought my left little finger into contact with the hedge trimmer cutter. Fortunately, I have all parts of all my fingers but I cut the tip pretty good. Saw a doctor and got some stitches and antibiotics and a prescription for a tetanus shot which I've needed for a long time (didn't know you needed a prescription for that). I had better things to spend that money on but I'm just glad I was so lucky.

Huh, you can adapt to nine finger typing pretty fast. Now to try nine finger modeling and rendering.

Edit 11-26-2014: Changed bandages per doctor's instruction. One stitch looks like it tore or cut some. I hope the flap of skin re-attaches. The doctor thought it would and said it has blood supply from the still connected part. The skin is white around the injured area but mostly has sensation.