3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
simmsman4
Petty Officer Third Class

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by simmsman4 »

People living in England’s most deprived neighbourhoods are most likely to suffer from the effects of pollution, according to two studies.

Environment Agency research suggests they bear the burden of air pollution, factory emissions and flooding risk.

And a Friends of the Earth study indicates one out of every two municipal waste incinerators in England are in the poorest 10% of the country.

London, England ( 51°29'51.75"N, 0° 7'47.65"W) was the site of a dense smog caused by heavy coal combustion during the winter of 1952, which killed approximately 12,000 people.

Thousands of tons of black soot, tar particles, and sulfur dioxide had accumulated in the air from the heavy coal combustion. Estimates of PM10 concentrations during December, 1952, range between 3,000 and 14,000 μg/m³ with the high range being approximately 50 times higher than normal levels at the time. PM10 is particulate matter less than 10 micrometers in diameter. Conditions for Londoners today are much better with PM 10 concentrations around 30 μg/m³. Estimates also suggest that sulfur dioxide levels during December of 1952 were 7 times greater than normal at 700 parts per billion (ppb).

England is just now catching up to todays standards
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

The Internet will consume as much energy in 20 years that humanity consume today? so if nothing is done. This would double the consumption. What to do to reduce it in these conditions?
The power of an avatar in Second Life equal to that of a Brazilian in real life.
Microsoft plans to build data centers in Siberia to cool their computers. The cold war continues.
Google built its own hydroelectric plants. The Colorado can't go up to the ocean and thanks to Google earth we can see it is right. It is not the future, it is today.
etc. ...
This message has probably consumed as much energy as using an African in a day but the consumption of Internet is not part of discussing in Copenhagen. :oops:
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Karthogen »

Arent they working on a larger fusion reactor in France right now that can simulate on a larger scale the thermal activity of the Sun? If I remember the article there are 5 or 6 countries involved and the power that is going to be generated from it will be immense.

there are two expected to be completed in teh next few year and one large one scheduled for the UK.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/World/mhidauojgbsn/rss2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

The project Iter in france is the most important project than human do. It is a world project with USA, europe, russia, china and Japan! If it work, human will have illimited energy without the problem of co2 and radioactivity. I think the project need between 30 and 50 years. But it is the futur of the human. The prototype will be finished in 2018. Then the project Demo (experimental power plant) used to explore the possibility of commercial exploitation. The first reactor application may be made, probably not before 2050.
Karthogen

Post by Karthogen »

That was the one I was thinking of. I thought they already had the working scaled down model at one of the universities.

This site states it will be complete by 2016.

https://www.usiter.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Maybee 2050 for this energy source are to late. If the arctic tundra around the arctic is melting this will give 1000 billion tons of CO2 (an estimate) to the atmosphere. I's alot. And it's already begun. It's almost summer weather here in Sweden when it should be cold instead. 15 years ago we had a winterstorm 17 november so in a couple of days nothing were working: no traffic, no public transportation worked and there were lots of people who couldn't go to work. These circumstanses seems impossible today. I miss the winters from my youth with lot of snow, cold and clear blue skyes in the winter. Nowadays it's only rain, rain and cloudly. What to do? Try to use a little energy as possible.
"Carpe diem"
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

The tundra melts? oil industry only see the opportunity to further exploit these areas.
The arctic melts? it's a good thing to let the tanker win time.
To solve the problem, we must consume less. Due to the crisis: we consume less. Today the countries seek to boost consumption because they want to overcome the crisis. The real problem is here: how to avoid a crise AND consume less? nobody have a solution. What many do not know: the co2 need 30 years to act on the upper atmosphere. Today, we suffer the effects of our consumption of 1980. assuming that we stop all (which is impossible), the effect of CO2 continues to increase for 30 years before dissipating. If we happen to stop definitively the CO2 in 50 years (being optimistic) that mean that the effects continue for 80 years and you can swim in the sea in winter in sweden. I know what heat can do. I traveled in the desert in Arabia in August with 130 degrees Fahrenheit. The stone is hot enough to cook the meat. I fainted in the sun. if I had been alone ...
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I'll consider it a "crisis" when the people screaming the loudest "It's a crisis!" start acting like it's one.
See also: Al Gore's mega-mansion.
How much does he stand to earn from his carbon trading scheme?
It's green, alright, green like money.
First, they manufacture a 'crisis', and then they are right there to help sell you the 'solution'.

The Earth has been hotter than today.
The Earth has been cooler than today.

Can I do a damn thing about it?
Nope, but there's an 'industry' poised to force me to pay and pay regardless of whether it will make a difference or not.

How much carbon will be spent flying the glitterati from all over the world to Copenhagen?
Somebody clue them in to Skype!

Plain water vapor is far more effective than C02 at trapping heat... will they start taxing fogbanks and clouds next?

It's been 'global warming' since the end of the last Ice Age, which we all seemed to have survived without any trouble.
As for me, I'm unafraid to do my part in delaying the next Ice Age.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

Reporting back: Snow on the ground (ok, just the grass so far) here in the Enchanted Mitten.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

spacekdet wrote: First, they manufacture a 'crisis', and then they are right there to help sell you the 'solution'.
that is right. Even the end of the world is a buziness. :)
spacekdet wrote: The Earth has been hotter than today.
The Earth has been cooler than today.
The Earth has experienced periods of abrupt climate change (-50 to +50 degrees Celsius).
The Earth has experienced low oxygen would have been fatal to humans.At the beginning was the atmosphere composed of CO2. Oxygen is a natural pollution which we have benefited. with more CO2, the earth regains its appearance before. every living thing has an eco-system. it adapts to change or die. Thus for millions of years. the Earth is not sick. it's our eco-system that is not appropriate for we. the Earth has experienced worse. We should not say "save the planet", we say "save us". Maybe people would be more careful. the only solution is to adapt and enjoy the live. ;)

Why not do a mmc with global warning about subject? (no politic but artistic view) it will be different than do car, plane and other objects than 3d users do all the time. and we can do beautiful 3d images...
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I agree Marcel. The earth have survived greater disasters before but the life on earth has in some way come back. The dinosaurs died suddenly because of natural changes and the earths life will contuine with or whithout us until the sun dies. Then there maybe still are som germs living deep in the earths remaining heat.

I hope that in that stage the humans have travelled to a new solar system.
"Carpe diem"