3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Draise »

Congrats on the wedding!

I am currently working on a ridiculous deadline I let creep up on me for Lipolysis machine..

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Draise, that machine can be used to punish U3DA members for inactivity here.

My birthday hike was ok. I tried to use Blender's video editor to convert a hike video to a format compatible with this (link) player for my site but nothing I do with Blender produces a file it will play. Back to VideoStudio which made a player friendly file but I want to learn to do this with Blender.

Update:

Hike here (link). Featuring landscapes, thwarted plans, no animals, low res video, panoramas, and captcha for trash cans.

I found the formula for Blender to convert a video to a flowplayer friendly format.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Happy Dirtday!
Nice panos, are those generated in-camera or do you stitch them after?
Stream was ok but still not enough water for this Mitten-Stater.

Reporting back, just home from sad trip to Red Wing Minnesota to attend a memorial for my cousin.
A year younger than me, he left behind family, fans, a lot of friends, a giant vinyl record collection, a fiancee', an ex-wife, parents, and a teenage son. Fuck cancer.
He was a radio DJ from the age of 15, and quipped that he'd been fired in every time zone- he'd worked from coast to coast
and beyond, to Hawaii. Despite that, he was born for the job and had the perfect radio voice, the endless supply of humor,
and the willingness to say or do damn near anything for 'the show'. You know how at parties there's that one guy who becomes the center of gravity? That was him.

Illinois and Chicago was a nightmare to drive through, with many toll roads that they apparently collect the proceeds from
in order to build more tollbooths. Wisconsin and Minnesota were more my style.
Beautiful landscape along the famous Highway 61 that runs up the west side of the Mississippi River.
Had to cue up some Bob Dylan on the music box for that. Added 2 more states to my 'visited' list.

Was close to an 11 hour drive for me, but there were two lovely fans of his that drove all the way from Hamilton, Ontario,
at least 15 hours through 2 countries and 5 states. They deserve Honorary Super-Groupie Status for that.

On the way back I visited his parents beautiful home high on a bluff on the east side overlooking the Mississippi and enjoyed reminiscing and looking at her bookcases of photo albums.
He'd asked for 'No tears', but #HeyBuddy, that was one request I just could not honor.
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Still working through this foot infection. On IV antibiotics which I give myself three times a day. Home health care nurse comes daily to change the bandage. I administer the IV meds with an IV PICC (a catheter that runs from my arm up close to my heart. Brand new baby in the household from my stepdaughter - all available free space in the house has been taken up with diapers, bottles and various baby clothing. Nearly had a panic attack when the coffee port was block off by formula and baby bottles. The baby is kind of a squeaker, seldom loud - so that's a blessing. My wife continues to get better with her post=stroke, speech limitations and right side of body doesn't function as it was before. The luxury of retirement is having time to do stuff, but that time is usually taken up by others in which they think the old man has the time now to do stuff, so I get a lot of "Do you have time to do this for me?" On the other hand, have time to do 3d - but inspiration has left me for the moment. Perhaps in the summer, when it is hot and I stay inside.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Spacekdet I use MS ICE (link) for the panoramas. Sounds like your cousin lived life and did something he loved. A good example of that for everyone.

@James I wish you both the best with your medical things. My brother-in-law had a mild stroke. He learned to write left handed and then had beautiful handwriting. I get "can you do this" from my customers or their neighbors. Seeing me working doesn't mean I'm busy. It means I have lots of time.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Interesting. I have an evo 212 cpu cooler. The fan on it was rattling and today doesn't turn. The cpu temp while idling and normal web surfing are cooler than with the fan running! A Cycles render on cpu made the temp climb. Ordered a new fan. Computer parts hard to find in stores here.

Edit: Asrock Extreme Tuning Utility says the cpu temp is around 103F but Speccy says it in the 60's or 70's. It is 87F in the room so AXTU is probably correct.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

The hang glider fly-in has had little flying due to strong winds. Some launched this morning when there was good wind and I got to have some four wheel drive fun. Also some not that great adventure. On the way back down the mountain with four gliders on top and some disappointed pilots who didn't get to launch the front rack broke loose and the gliders slid forward onto the ground. Bumper damage. Gliders ok.
Attachments
RackCrash.jpg
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

I was on a Honda meeting with my friends this weekend. It was a rural area, ton of nature, forests etc. I drove there at night and look how many animals I saved... especially those foxes :)

https://youtu.be/Zb98gsg5Nk4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Foxes!

Inferno hike had plenty of inferno. Scored 115F in the shade! (46.1C)
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

I had a vacation last week... made a roadtrip around the Czechia :) we have a beautiful country... I slept in the car, parked in the nature... what a relax...Visited lots of forgotten places.

i will post photos and a video, when the editing is done. I bought a new 32" screen, it will go fast i hope :)
Attachments
IMG_0297small.jpg
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)