3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Finis »

I went to the Independence Day parade. The police and fire department lead the way. There were sports cars, vintage cars, a horse, patriotic organizations, political organizations, businesses, a drone overhead, and beauty queens. The National Anthem was played. ROTC students carried the flag. The commander of the nearby Air Force base rode by but there was no jet fly over and no soldiers marched. The crowd was enthusiastic and it was nice but not like it used to be.

There is a glimmer of hope that Freedom can be restored but the people seem too weak to regain it or keep it or even want it. The storm that was coming is still coming. I have thought that people have become unworthy of Freedom and there is no point in fighting for it. Especially if the storm comes as it always has. Even if few there are those who are worthy and there will be.

A father and his two small girls watched the parade. Christina was friendly and would visit people around them. Her sister's name was Liberty! As the parade was ending Christina approached me. She looked at my small flag and reached out with an open hand. I gave her my flag. In doing so I made a promise.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Just one horse?
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Seldom Seen Brother is up from Florida so we headed north to the cabin.
Stayed out of town on Saturday (big canoe race on the AuSable river) but went for a paddle down the Manistee River on Sunday.
The weather was so nice I played hooky from work and stayed an extra day on Monday.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Firefox has joined the censorship crowd. Tried the Brave browser. Nice but I keep seeing "chrome" here and there. No go if it is based on a goolag product.

Edit: Yep, it is built from chrome. Uninstalled. Staying with Firefox until a viable alternative appears.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

What do you mean Censorship crowd? Don't they pride in being open and free?

Mozilla Privacy

Doesn't seem that invasive to me...
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Draise: Privacy unrelated. Condensed version: Yes, that's why I picked firefox. Now firefox plans to join twatter, fakebook, goolag, youtube etc. in censoring or suppressing views and information opposing a political agenda that most "tech giant" leaders support. Most of them also promote real propaganda thus doing the very thing they accuse others of. One way is to declare opposing views "fake news" and claim it is helpful to block, label or demote (shadow ban) it. They enlist "fact checkers" such as snopes and many others who subscribe to the same agenda, are all corrupt, and have no interest in facts. In 1984 terms it's the "memory hole" and the "ministry of truth". Legions of useful idiots help them too. This is what modern tyrants have always done before they use violence.
link and many other places

Edit: removed link to good article on this but unfortunately on a crazy site. Hmm, am I suppressing their views? :lol:
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Looks like a statistic research project and education initiative for a sound philosophy, that you gotta look at both sides of the coin and always be analytical of whatever is being said or shown, don't always take pride that your truth is the truth. I don't think it's censorship, and nowhere have I found info, even directly from Mozilla, that they are partnering up with any other industries in said initiative.

It might shoot people in their own foot, by creating filters for viral clickbait (adblock anyone?), yes, but the exercise is pretty great - atleast the research.

It just looks like an initiative that already exists in scientific papers, peer review systems principally based on data. The paper can't be true if it can't be verified and reproduced by multiple others.

I just watched a great philisophical point that really makes you think about the ethics behind the idea of allowing things to be, or not, and he too mentioned 1984 - but maybe in a context that doesn't quite sound like the angle you're driving. But it does touch the topic of "fake news" and technology and the ethics of how and why and where it should evolve. Quite timely to your comment.

View (15min)

Ultimately, the platforms for peer review on news and articles and social habits to view everything not from your own perspective, but from others, and to also cross check and not just stick to the articles and voices that support your own "truth" is what Mozilla is trying to produce - and the way they wrote it in their blog sounded a bit odd and open to interpretation, yeah, and that is exactly what the other articles did.... Though to think in contra, it is in the Mozilla manifesto to keep the internet open to discussion for all populations without bias, and they seem to claim that research on how the "knowledge bubble" affects people emotionally will support that cause. I can see it's point.

Have you tried Opera?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

That's just sad. It is informative though as to how things got the way they are. Also sad is that I was going to switch to Opera but it was bought by Chinese companies. Suitable alternatives to the evil companies/organizations will come. Until then it's use the least of the evils.

Other reporting back. One customer moved away, didn't tell me, hasn't paid their bill, and hasn't replied to email yet. Being my own boss is great but I'm tired of this job.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Finis, fortunately or unfortunately, you can fire yourself at any time, just like the big companies.
Try playin' a lil hardball and demand a raise for all the extra work they (you) are being put through. Fair is fair, ya know.
My bet is even if they fire you, they'll quickly hire you back as... they don't have a choice. You are the best employee/boss you've ever had.
:)