3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by spacekdet » 29 Nov 2014, 03:51

You're supposed to carve the turkey, not the Finis.

Decided to take in a little more culture than what my yogurt provides and so paid a visit to the Art Museum.

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Steve » 02 Dec 2014, 20:41

Commissions are doing my head in

I'm just about ready to stab somebody, probably myself, it'll at least be more exciting

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis » 06 Dec 2014, 04:01

That's some widely varied culture at that museum Mr. Kdet.

Steve, is "commissions" a school thing or do you mean you're getting paid to do something?

My finger is better. The cut flap is pink now and seems to be reattached. I have little sensation there. The doctor said that nerves might grow in a few months to years or never. Supposed to have the stitches out today but I'll go tomorrow or Monday.
The more competitive you are and the stronger you are the farther you’re gonna get. – Barbara H.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis » 11 Dec 2014, 03:33

Spacekdet, you should ice skate here and report back
The more competitive you are and the stronger you are the farther you’re gonna get. – Barbara H.

spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet » 11 Dec 2014, 07:32

That reminds me. I need to sharpen my skates.
Cross post to Short Term Plans.

Reporting back, the neighbor that's lived next door since 1973 just moved out.
I can't say if I'm happy or sad, I guess it depends on who moves in next.

spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet » 14 Dec 2014, 19:53

The new guy loves his leaf blower as much as the old guy.
And yes, Sunday mornings are a perfect time to fire that thing up and run it a few hours.
Amirite, Finis?

Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye » 16 Dec 2014, 23:21

:lol:

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis » 20 Dec 2014, 04:13

My finger has healed well. Some of the cut flap reattached but some didn't. The stitched tip was numb and nerves may or may not have grown back but the regenerated tip has normal feeling. Not that big an injury. Now I wonder if the doctor was needed. Seemed best at the time.

Jury duty, again, starts in January. This is my fourth time. I've been on 3.5 trials (obstructing investigation/destroying evidence, manslaughter, drunken driving (maybe, don't recall for sure), and got sick during trial for battery. I think I've done my share of this but I'll have little else to do. They pay you $6.25/hr. I don't like the minimum wage laws but it is interesting that the gov. doesn't obey its own law (min. wage is $7.50/hr). They have orientation videos now http://www.12thdistrict.net/jurorinformation.html http://www.nmcourts.gov/jury/JuryOrient ... pt-eng.php

jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc » 20 Dec 2014, 15:16

Finis wrote:Well I learned something new today. I learned that fingers and hedge trimmers and lack of caution is not a good combination. I was doing some one handed trimming to reach part of a bush and didn't pay attention to my left hand's position ... which soon brought my left little finger into contact with the hedge trimmer cutter. Fortunately, I have all parts of all my fingers but I cut the tip pretty good. Saw a doctor and got some stitches and antibiotics and a prescription for a tetanus shot which I've needed for a long time (didn't know you needed a prescription for that). I had better things to spend that money on but I'm just glad I was so lucky.

Huh, you can adapt to nine finger typing pretty fast. Now to try nine finger modeling and rendering.

Edit 11-26-2014: Changed bandages per doctor's instruction. One stitch looks like it tore or cut some. I hope the flap of skin re-attaches. The doctor thought it would and said it has blood supply from the still connected part. The skin is white around the injured area but mostly has sensation.

Just have to adapt to your environment. Evidently this time traveler only found the need for two large fingers in this Star Trek episode.
Attachments
two fingers.png
two fingers.png (91.77 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
"Justice is typically considered post-fact; as a means of reciprocity – correcting the scales to provide some equilibrium."

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis » 06 Jan 2015, 02:21

Back to 10 fingers James. Healed well.

Jury selection today. They called in my juror pool as an extra expecting to have trouble getting enough for some trial. Turned out my pool just waited a while and was released.