3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Finis »

I'd like to do that Spacekdet.

Tooth/jaw hurts. I'll get a dentist appointment soon. Thought I was on jury duty about now but it starts in January.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Went to a dentist (a very pretty dentist). The ache comes from one big cavity. Other trouble spots can wait. They'll drill and look next appointment. If it can be filled great otherwise it will have to be pulled. If it can't be filled then saving it would take expensive things I can't afford.

Speaking of pulling teeth, back to doing tax forms.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

The cavity was to deep for a filling so the tooth had to be pulled. Other options cost a fortune. Barely visible if I smile so at least I don't have a hillbilly look.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I'll get a trip to California to deliver a customer's car, with her cats on board, and then get a rental car to come back at her expense. That means more sightseeing! I have permission to take my time and see the sights and go to the coast too (a bit farther than her place). I think I'll go the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, maybe Death Valley, Sequoias route to go there and the cities route (coast highway, LA, Phoenix) on the way back. I wanted to see McWay Falls but I found out they won't let you go down there.

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

So uhh

I said I was back, then my laptop BSOD'd on me and then I moved house. Yea.

Started my PhD on Monday, just in time for my supervisor to head for Australia, I am told him disappearing to literally the other side of the globe is pure coincidence...

Until I can get Office installed again I can't access a lot of the files I wanted to show. Though to be honest for those who feel like a natter I'm far more reachable on Skype than any internet forum, happy to add anyone on here, drop a PM!

In the meantime, let me share with you something that statistically is in the nightmares of 1 in 3 Canadians (for real):

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Steve! What is that thing? Corn?

Now I don't get the customer sponsored California trip. The moving plan changed to one that doesn't require me driving the car there. Would have been nice. I'll get work fixing up her house for sale or rent.

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

That thing is in fact a French-Speaking pineapple. 1 in 3 Canadians genuinely have nightmares about them apparently:
https://twitter.com/stats_canada/status ... 5730848768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In other news the fireworks factory down the road blew up. Results were pretty much as you'd expect

Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Wow, that must have been a cool show. Wish you had footage of that. I love fireworks shows.

So... reporting in. It's been a tortuous year, but a tad better then last one. In one month two major issues got settled. Funny how life works sometimes. You struggle, fight, sleepless nights, desperation, exhaustion, hopelessness seeping into the repertoire of life seemingly no end in sight and then one fine day... poof; it goes away as swiftly as it came. I am officially and finally divorced, and a unrelated financial issue settled. Two major headaches down, two to go.
It's taken a good two weeks to have the changes settle in but now feel a bit lighter. Ain't done, just able to keep swingin'.
So.... who wants to go our for a beer? My treat.

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Hey Dragneye... good to see some things are working out for you.

Not much different here ... trying to keep up with fixing up the new place.

Take care.

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Did someone mention FREE Beer?!
Hang in there Dragneye, your life seems to be changing and you have new roads ahead. Make em count! Don't let the past dictate your future dude.
Remember you are always welcome here!
:bananathumb: