3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by spacekdet »

I once stabbed my eye with a pine needle.
Did not see that one coming. Mowing grass and walked right into it.
Was worried about the double vision but it cleared up in a day or two. Hope yours does the same.
The lovely bloody spot took a while longer to clear.
Did not acquire any mutant superpowers as a result.

Reporting back, I have reluctantly been forced to enter the smartphone age.
Didn't want to, not sure I see the point, hey you kids get offa mah lawn.

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

hehehehe glad the eye recovered.

My little update:

I have been in Holidays - hanging with my latina girlfriend and trying to work on study and webdesign - not much 3D (as much as I would love to).

I have been working on a site for work, the studio I work for here (WIP)... slow progress. I hope to know enough to then make my own tumblr theme for my own "company" or business model - later register it and become an independent studio if this studio doesn't succeed... contigency plans. I unfortunately am not talented with webdesign and it's code, so it's a very slooooow progress. I'd love to know your opinions on the site as is.

I have also been studying a university course "The Future of Storytelling" by Iversity.org. It's free and well worth the time.

Other than that, I have been also studying "Cinematography of the Incredibles" by Flooby Nooby... very very inspiring. Always good to rehash and add to the resources in the brain - maybe I'll try become a studio director or a movie director or a game production director...

The holidays have been lovely, cause that left me time to clean the house, put things in order at home, grow my relationships without work getting in the way, and to study and feed my mind. I will probably soon get into work again - busy busy again strugglign with the discipline of working and balancing food, sleep, relationships, family, other house matters, bills, maintenance, computer maintenance, work (and their many projects and tasks) with my own desires to create my own projects and to better my education - and then.. push in some experimentation with my own projects and my Alkathosk.. which always seems to come last.

Life is so short. I wish there were 36 hour days and we only needed 4 hours to sleep to feel great again, and dream all in the same time... that would be awesome.

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Double vision gone. Misery not gone. Can't do anything. Felt ok this morning but now it is like there is a pebble under my eyelid.

Edit: Later, eye feels better now. Good enough to work on my challenge project. Missed work today though.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

Good to see you again.
er, us again.

It was a little windy here last night: http://www.spacekdet.com/twtr_pix/driftage.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No banana for scale, but that's about bellybutton high.

Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Rhino169 »

Hey Spacekdet...that looks similar to the drift outside my house too!

Finis....Glad your eye is functional again. Tough to do 3d without both working properly.

And Draise, Your site looks very cool and fresh! Like none other I've seen! Keep on going down the path your are on. :bananacool2: Is there some Truespace design elements in there I see? :bananathumb:

Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Thanks Rhino169.

I like the flat retro look of your site Draise. It will contrast with the 3D nature of your work. That blue thing though ... it looks like ... uh ...

Waist high? This is a drift. Ok, it's not cold, and it's not snow, and it didn't happen over night.
Attachments
WSD.jpg
Last edited by Finis on 27 Jan 2014, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

Hi guys

I've been away for a while, thought I'd give an update:

Started at Cranfield in September and rather swiftly got snowed under with work, because of external issues I ended up in declining health
Put on mirtazapine and lost my medical to fly.
That then changed to sertraline, forgotten to take it for the last two weeks with no adverse effects...medical re-instated

Bogged down with two theses, 3 aircraft design projects, a management role and setting myself up with the chance of taking a PhD

Not much in the way of 3D in between

Made a tumblr and some music though, feel free to check out both at the same time (warning...swear words in abundance)
http://the-bambino.tumblr.com/post/6977 ... nothing-by" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Hehe, tumblr.

yeah, the logo on the website is.. somewhat antiquated.. and everyone seems to.... see a spermatozoid right?

I'm glad you like the site, I guess it's on the right track!

Crikey, hope everyone's health improves.

Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Rhino169 »

Yes please....everyone get your health back asap! I feel like I'm getting symptoms reading..lol.

Draise, I wasn't going to mention my first impression of the skinny balloon, but it does look a bit like a Smurf spermatozoid! :bananadrum:

spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

Reading this (and not being able to go) is killin' me.

And reporting back from another world, or maybe along the shores of Lake Superior, there's this:
lake_superior_or_hoth.jpg
I'm ready to go... just not able to!